Scientist in Cell and Gene Research & Development (897215-ED)
- Experience Level
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world.
We are currently looking for a Scientist in Cell and Gene Research and Development to be based in Basel for a 10 month contract position.
As part of the Cell & Gene Therapy Technical Research and Development, your main responsibility is to ensure the development and characterization of formulations for viral vectors.
You would be key in screening formulations and processes for the manufacturing of viral vectors based drug products to be used in preclinical and clinical studies, up to the market phase.
- Organize, perform and document scientific experiments for the development of gene therapy drug products;
- Utilize tools/equipment and specialized facilities for the formulation and processing of gene therapy products under the minimal guidance of more experienced team members
- If necessary; schedule and perform maintenance and qualification of instruments/equipment
- You will provide documentation of raw data, evaluate and interpret results and support the design of next experiments;
- Write protocols and lab procedures/instructions;
- Communicate and address problems; perform information and literature searches under moderate guidance; actively foster knowledge exchange.
- Work according to appropriate standards as defined in Quality Manual, SOPs, ethical, health, safety, environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) guidelines; contribute to initiatives to ensure proactive compliance and continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Master degree in relevant field (e.g. Pharmaceutical sciences, Biotechnologies or equivalent) or Bachelor degree with 2-5 years post-grad experience in a Pharma Company
- Experience with formulation development tools
- Good understanding of viral vectors structure and physico-chemical stability
- Good knowledge of supramolecular chemistry and biochemistry
- Good knowledge of cell biology and experience with cells sterile handling is considered a plus.
Apply for Scientist in Cell and Gene Research & Development (897215-ED)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly