Team Lead Medical Strategy Director
- Experience Level
IQVIA are looking for a Director, Medical Strategy Team Lead within our growing Medical and Patient Communications team. This is a key role combining management of a team of medical directors, writers and other subject matter experts along with applying your own strategic thinking, therapeutic expertise, and creative approach to the development of integrated solutions. Our activities include medical affairs (scientific platforms, publications, advisory boards, educational symposia, medical science liaison support, medical information), market access communications (global and country-level value dossiers, value communications, and business cases), real world evidence and clinical pathways communications, promotional activities (concepts, campaigns, training, and creative materials across multiple channels), behavioral-based patient support programs, and technology solutions. Thanks to our unique position within IQVIA™, The Human Data Science Company™, our collaborative offerings extend well beyond those of a traditional medical communications agency, and you will have the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams to develop new communications solutions to help move healthcare forward.
The ideal candidate will have a graduate level degree in a scientific or health-related discipline, a substantial client-facing experience, and have provided medical strategy, direction, development, and review for a variety of activities and deliverables. Further, they must have documented experience managing, resourcing and developing medical teams, including medical directors, writers, and other subject matter experts.
We value proactive thinkers who have the ability and desire to work in multifunctional teams to create innovative communications solutions.
- Provide leadership to a team of medical directors, writers, and other subject matter experts, including resourcing, fostering professional development, coaching, and enabling success on their new business and client activities
- Foster development of best practices and processes to enable the medical team and the larger organization to grow and succeed in a compliant and efficient fashion
- Participate in solution development for new offerings in conjunction with colleagues across IQVIA.
- Represent the broader medical team and serve as subject matter expert in areas of your experience, including development and delivery of proposals/pitches and strategy into programme execution
- Oversee and review material created by medical and other team members to ensure delivery of high-quality content that meets the needs and objectives of the client and target audience.
- Remain abreast of new industry/healthcare directions and trends to identify opportunities and challenges for clients and IQVIA.
- Work closely with account teams to lead on project specifications, cost estimates, compliance with industry standards and practices, proactive planning, and problem solving
- Act as an ambassador for IQVIA by participating in relevant industry forums, contributing to thought leadership activities, and establishing a reputation and network within the wider medical communications industry.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.