Head of Account Management - Medical Communications
- Experience Level
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA’s Medical and Patient Communications team, a full service Communications agency offering end to end Medical Communications solutions across the product lifecycle, are looking for an experienced Head of Account Management.
This newly-created role will be accountable for the leadership of our highly experienced Account Management team. Reporting directly into the Head of Medical and Patient Communications, the successful candidate will lead the Account Management function, ensuring quality, consistency and strong organic growth plans for our existing accounts. A Communications subject matter expert in your own right, you will also retain the opportunity to provide senior sponsorship for key proposals, business development initiatives and accounts.
- Drive growth, promote excellence and ensure efficiency by driving consistency of approach across Account Management function including account planning, business development and strategic account leadership
- Liaise with other department leaders including Medical Strategy and Content, Operations and Project Management to ensure high quality strategy and delivery for both won accounts and business development approaches
- Take responsibility for account and business development forecasting, ensuring accurate and timely reporting to enable effective business planning and resourcing
- Develops exceptional understanding of service lines and value proposition and growth areas.
- Take responsibility for own BD target and the aggregated NNB targets for Account Leads
- Line manage all MPC Account Handlers including Account Management Directors, Associate Account Management Directors and Account Directors
- Take responsibility for ensuring Account Leads are supported to achieve business growth targets, both financial and strategic
- Assist Head of MPC to support Account Leads with evolution of service line product strategy, ensuring clearly articulated value propositions and supporting credentials, cases and pricing models for each
- Participate in cross-service line strategic BD opportunities and won projects
- Take responsibility for resourcing planning and forecasting, ensuring that the Account Management team are well staffed to achieve Medical and Patient Communications NNB target
- Form relationships with IQVIA business unit leaders to enable receipt and triage of business development opportunities appropriately
- Liaise with other Department Heads to identify potential areas for improvement and efficiency
- Promote best practice sharing, consistency of approach and cross-pollination of opportunities and leads across Account Management group
- Work with MPC and other IQVIA business unit leaders to identify and address organizational, technical, partnership or capability barriers to delivery and realization of Product offerings, including counsel on organic and inorganic build strategies
- Deputise for Head of MPC as appropriate
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.