Project Manager - Late Phase
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager - Late phase to join our team. Candidates can be based anywhere within EMEA.
Under the direction of a Project Director; the Project Manager oversees and manages domestic, regional and/or international projects. Responsibilities typically include developing and managing project teams, communications, risk, scope, schedule, cost, quality, and stakeholders, effectively ensuring that variance from plan is proactively and effectively mitigated and client expectations are met. The Senior Project Manager is expected to have a working knowledge of drug development and clinical study execution in the Interventional Post Market and Observational study arena. They also compile and drive documentation for the project, ensuring the accuracy and quality of regulatory data.
- Serve as key client contact for assigned projects, establishing working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team's ability to lead extended project team(s), ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external stakeholders. Depending on size and scope of project(s), this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Project Director.
- Serve as escalation point for project issues to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate in the IIIB and post market phase IV setting.
- Proactively identify and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- Monitor project scope, schedule and costs to ensure all remain on track with the contract and with financial performance targets. Initiate and implement appropriate actions to proactivelymanage the change control process both internally and externally.
- Proactively lead both quality control and risk assurance activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, Covance and client requirements.
- Create and manage variance to required project plans. Per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary. Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs, providing performance feedback to team member's respective supervisors.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that the KPIs are within scope of the project contract.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- In collaboration with relevant departments, prepare and deliver presentations for new business as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- EMEA #LI-NC1 Remote
University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution.
Masters or other advanced degree.
The Project Managermust have experience with, or knowledge of real world evidence and/ or observational studies (preferred)
Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work collaboratively on projects as part of a wider team. Highly motivated with a proactive approach to work and strong problem-solving skills.
Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.