IT Service Desk Engineer
3 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Job Title: IT Service Desk Engineer
Division/Dept/Location: UKICSG - IT - London Liverpool Street/Moorgate Station area
Company: Proclinical apart of ICS
Responsible to: IT Service Desk Team Leader
Salary: £25k+ dependent on experience
The candidate will need excellent customer service skills coupled with a strong technical computer background. Ability to take responsibility for IT incidents, requests, problems and proactively seek resolutions for customers; keep customers informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner. Support both internal and external customers. Key skills include ITIL, MS Office365, MS operating systems, computer hardware, printers, phone systems, good working knowledge of network topologies and excellent customer services skills.
- Provide the customer interface to the IT Service Desk via face-to-face, telephone and electronic communications.
- Logging of Service Desk calls, ensuring all the fields are completed, assigning the correct priority status to the call.
- Working to ITIL best practices.
- Take responsibility for faults and work requests. Proactively seek resolutions for customers; keep customers informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Provide technical support on all IT related matters aiming at resolving majority of incidents at first point of call using advanced diagnostic techniques, system administrator rights and remote control of desktops.
- Ensure the company IT audit system is kept updated when hardware and software changes are made.
- User account creation for domain, email and application accounts.
- Support the company front and back office applications.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging hardware and software technologies.
- Maintain a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
- Any other reasonably IT related duties required.
- Travel to branch offices within the UK to provide support when required.
- May be expected to work hours between 8am to 6pm when required to cover oncall periods. Note that these oncall start and end times may change.
Education / Qualifications / Knowledge
- Good level of basic education - Essential
- Degree - Desirable
Skills / Training
- Multiple MCP - Desirable
- ITIL - Desirable
- Fuze Telephony - Desirable
- VMware - Desirable
- Thin Client - Desirable
- Terminal Server - Desirable
- MS Office365 Experience - Essential
- MS Client Operating System experience - Essential
- Experience in a similar job role - Essential
- Microsoft teams - Desirable
- Bullhorn - Desirable
- Service Now - Desirable
- MS Operating System experience Win 2016/2019 Server - Desirable
- Hardware experience computer, monitor, scanner, printer - Desirable
- Microsoft knowledge - Desirable
- User account creation for domain, email and application account -Desirable
Disposition / Personal / Qualities
- Support and encourage the company culture.
- Ability to work in a team
- Self motivated
- Self reliant
- Excellent communicator
As Global Growth Partners, we provide a unique proposition: delivering on
every stage of the life science process to help individuals, teams, and whole
organisations reach their goals faster. Through our suite of solutions - Proclinical
Staffing, Proclinical Executive, Proclinical Consulting and Proclinical Engage
- we help them to grow so that they can bring about a positive impact on global
And, just as we help our life science partners with their businesses and careers,
we cultivate an environment for personal and career growth within our own
company too. Our values: Long-term partners; Tireless experts; and Promises
delivered; form the basis of what we look for in new team members. These values
are engrained in every part of our business, from how we run our learning and
development programmes to how we define criteria for reward and recognition.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Apply for IT Service Desk Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly