Associate Manager, Program Management
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Associate Manager – Program Management manages the day-to-day activity of program(s) and supervises staff. May provide guidance to a supervisory team. Act as the primary or secondary client contact for assigned program(s). Partner with the Sr. Manager to develop policies, procedures, and the business work plan for the program. Oversee production, service standards, hiring, training, and evaluation of staff. Position manages one complex program or multiple non-complex programs. Provides direction, coordinates and supervises the activities of business support, technical support or production team at entry level exempt and/or at non-exempt levels using established policies and procedures. Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors and managers. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
Specific job duties:
- Manage program(s) per the scope of work, program, and standard operating procedures within the contracted budget.
- Manage day-to-day activity of the program operation, including supervision of staff.
- Mentors the supervisory team and/or team of front line employees assigned to the program(s).
- Monitor program statistics and metrics.
- Resolve complex and/or escalated cases.
- Participate in interviewing prospective employees, evaluating current employees, and train employees as needed.
- Professionally develops current employees and tracks their compliance to quality, service, and production standards.
- Works with (Sr.) Manager to develop and communication strategic business work plan goals.
- Assist with the analysis and writing of client reports and other deliverables such as the presentation of program information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle escalated and unresolved issues that may require deviation from standard procedures or require extensive research for resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
1 – 20 Direct Reports, 0 – 40 Indirect Reports
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Pharmacy Technician License may be required depending on program and state requirements
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and client retention results
- Ability to work cross-functionally to proactively communicate and to resolve issues with the highest sense of urgency
- Highly-developed written communication and documentation skills to develop project educational materials, program specific procedures, product tools, and other services – related to collateral
- Networking and client interfacing skills to cultivate and manage relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyze information and target trends
- Organize people and systems to achieve goals
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting