- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The IT Software Engineer has specific responsibilities of leading application development systems design. The delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of the system logic. Responsible for reviewing and guiding the code of other team members through reviews. This role is empowered and accountable for software systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms. Triage, debugging, surveillance & monitoring are all key activities for non-development environments. Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required. Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions answering to complex business needs. Partner with fellow COE team members, Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise technology stack. This position is also responsible for looking for synergy across Specialty applications, and realizing benefits gained sharing features across home delivery applications.
Specific job duties:
- Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution technical issues and complexities.
- Identify process improvement and code synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
- Consult with business departments as needed.
- Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management.
- Works on resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
- Ensures defects are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved, whether in non-production or production.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, MIS, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience or MA/MS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft application software (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio and Project)
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong requirements elicitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting