Director, Business Development
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Advanced Clinical is a global clinical research services organization that provides CRO, FSP, Quality & Validation, and Strategic Resourcing services for biopharmaceutical and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a better clinical experience. We understand the complex nature of the clinical research industry and approach each opportunity with compassion. Together, we answer the hopes of patients and healthcare professionals with industry-leading services in global life-sciences. As part of the Advanced Group family of companies, Advanced Clinical employees provide the support, structure, and professional background and experience for better clinical trials and research. They are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Clinical.
The Director, Business Development, effectively identifies and pursues new and existing business opportunities while enhancing relationships with existing clients, keeps abreast of industry trends, competitors' services and acquisitions, and works in conjunction with leadership to develop and respond to new and existing business development opportunities. The Director, Business Development, will develop short and long-term BD strategies within their assigned territory and/or account list. The Director, Business Development, will enter all client information into ERecruit and other company systems and will work effectively with all internal functions to drive sales.
- Introduce and maintain long-term client relationships resulting in the expansion of client base
- Directly implement initiatives to help build awareness of Advanced Clinical capabilities and services
- Discover immediate needs of target market through leads and follow-ups, executing internal and external initiatives to drive bookings and profitable growth
- Use of prospecting tools, sources of industry information, referral networks, and personal relationships to directly research, target, and approach new business opportunities. Must be comfortable "cold calling" and strategically prospecting within new accounts.
- Support direct sales by creating and participating in sales meetings, presentations, and the Proposal process
- Enter all sales related information in ERecruit
- Schedule meetings with current and potential clients at industry meetings and trade shows and generate associated follow up
- Track and monitor adherence to the client contracting process
- Work collaboratively with all functions that support Business Development, inclusive of proposals, legal, finance, and all functional leadership, promoting a team-selling environment
- Adhere to Advanced Clinical employee handbook and SOP's
- Adhere to strict code of confidentiality as it relates to study subjects, sponsors, physicians, and policies and procedures of Advanced Clinical
- Provide excellent customer service to all parties involved in the clinical study process
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
- Perform other duties as requested by management
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business or healthcare related field
- 3-5 years of business development experience within a CRO and or clinical trials environment
- Experience across CRO, FSP, and Staffing business development with the ability to understand the differences in sales cycles and customer interactions
- Consultative and collaborative approach when dealing with customers and internal team members
- Hands-on, collaborative style
- Data-driven and focused on results over activity
- Present a professional company image and presence
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and sell his/her ideas at all levels. Listens well and seeks input from others.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, processes, and strategies to improve the department and ensure the success of sales for the company
- Knowledge of the industry, inclusive of competitors
- Unquestionable personal integrity
- Computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Minimum Training Requirements
- The below list includes the general training subject, and not necessarily the exact name of the training course obtained.
- Applicable Standard Operating Procedures
- Good Clinical Practices (Regulations; ICH Guidelines; Applicable guidance documents)
This job description is a summary of the job and requirements that are essential to the evaluation of the job. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in the job are expected to perform against the expectations for the specific job, which may, on occasion, include functions of a higher or lower skill level than is included in this classification.
What's in it for you? Advanced Group offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a flexible work environment designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work. Visit the links below to discover all that Advanced Group has to offer:
Our Culture: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/embrace-our-culture
Career Development Opportunities: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/realize-your-potential
Community Programs: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/unleash-your-passion
For a complete list of all of our job openings, please visit Advanced Group's career site here .
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.