Laboratory Technician - Necropsy
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you want to work for a company that helps improve lives and improve health?
Do you enjoy a hands on practical role and working within a laboratory?
Do you want training to become a necropsy technician?
Do you want to the opportunity work for a global organisation who strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market?
As one of the world's leading Contract Research Organisations, Covance's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organizations. This is arole fora Trainee Technician or someone with some experience within the Necropsyteam based in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire
The mainresponsibilities will be:
- After training, performingroutine basic necropsy techniques for rodents,supervised by senior technicians.
- Be able to trimand retaina full range of organs and tissues for small animals.
- You will be fully trained to fully understandcompliance with GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), Health and Safety and Study Plans
- Accurately recordinformation on a database
- Develops a good working relationship with team members and senior staff within the department.
If you are looking for a role where you will receive first class training and have the opportunity to develop and progress, then we would like to hear from you!
- 5 GCSE level passes (C or above) including Maths, Science and English. Candidates without this level of qualification may be recruited if considered suitable
- Ability to work as part of a team and learn new techniques
- Ability to follow instruction and pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise work in line with departmental needs and a flexible approach to work
- Understand the role of others and liaise, collaborate and demonstrate effective communication