- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you looking for an entry level lab role?
Are you interested in Genetic Toxicology?
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organisations, Covance by Labcorp's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organisations.
At our pre-clinical development site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, we are currently recruiting for a Lab Technician /Study Technician to join ourGenetic and Molecular Toxicologydepartment to assist in the performing and data recording of either in vivo or in vitro genetic toxicology assay s.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining lab cleanliness, supplies and tidiness (cleaning, calibrations, reagent prep and disposal, waste disposal etc.).
- Assisting in maintaining laboratory equipment and equipment records within laboratory areas.
- Assisting in the production of laboratory work sheets for standard assays.
- Assisting in the preparation and performance of standard assay(s) in base lab area.
- Assisting in the accurate recording and data checking of study and laboratory raw data.
What Covance by Labcorp can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributorypension.
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities.
If you are looking for a role where you will receive first class training then we would like to hear from you!
- Good general education A'Levels/HNC level with experience of laboratory work, or a scientific degree (BSc).
- Up to 12 months practical lab experience - if new graduate internship/placement experience or lab practical experience during degree course preferable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately read, record, and communicate information.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with standard spreadsheet and word-processing software applications.
- Communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP, aseptic techniques and cell culture would be advantageous.