Study Director - Bioanalysis
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Covance is a global, world-leading Life Science Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
At Covance, we offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner, as Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today.
Our site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Lead Scientist/Study Director to join the Immunochemistry team within the Bioanalysis division. The Bioanalysis division is responsible for providing analytical testing services to key pharmaceutical and biotech clients to support toxicology and clinical studies.
As the Lead Scientist, you will act as the Study Director, Responsible Scientist, or Principle Investigator for non-regulated, GLP-regulated, and GCP-regulated bioanalysis studies. You will also:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for scientific & regulatory requirements, with responsibility for leading and directing scientific work to support client programs
- Develop and review study protocols and sample analysis plans to achieve defined milestones along the drug development pathway
- Review data alongside the method development team to ensure methods are ready for validation and approve validation & sample analysis methods
- Review and approve reports for scientific accuracy and completeness
- Actively collaborate with the bioanalysis team to ensure the clients' studies are completed to the highest possible standard
- Promote a positive impression of Covance internally and within the industry.
- Proactively identify ways to increase client satisfaction
The Lead Scientist position is an office-based role, with no hands on lab work
- What Covance can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning
- Ability to work with a variety of different people and clients on wide ranging projects
Relocation assistance may be available for this role
- Scientific Degree - BSc, MSc/PhD or equivalent
- Must have experience managing regulated studies in the role of a Study Director or equivalent
- GLP/GCP study management
- Knowledge of global regulatory medicine agencie's guidelines
- Experience of ELISA, MSD ® and Gyrolab ® technologies preferred
- Experience of Watson ® LIMS preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time , with e xcellent attention to detail
- A bility to utilize word processing, database, spreadsheet, and specialized software