Laboratory Assistant - Sample Co-ordinator
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you have some experience of working within a regulated scientific environment?
Do you want to work for a company that will give you tailor made training and development?
Do you want to work for a company that helps build a healthier and safer world?
Covance is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry. We strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential medicines to the market.
At Covance in Harrogate, North Yorkshire we are looking for aCo-ordinatorto join our expanding Biopharmaceutical CMC Solutions (Chemical Manufacturing Controls) team where you would be working 50% of the time in the laboratory.
Job responsibilities include:
- To ensure all materials (reagents, consumables, critical materials and samples) in CMC are entered, located and tracked by established deadlines and in compliance with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and regulatory agency guidelines; assuring the processes is followed for all materials throughout their lifecycle
- Perform a variety of material coordination responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GMP(Good Manufacturing Practice) / GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) / GCP (Good Clinical Practice) requirements and regulatory guidelines
- This is a role with direct responsibility for ensuring that effective and efficient coordination processes are followed for incoming and outgoing materials/samples
- GCSE/A level in a scientific subject, experience may be substituted for qualifications
- Some experience of working within a laboratory environment desirable
- Some experience and application of sample processreceipt, transfer and shipping processes would be ideal
- Working knowledge of a functioning LIMS
- Ideally some experience and application of aseptic technique
- Knowledge or understanding of regulations (GMP / GLP / GCP)
- Basic computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Word, Excel)