Sample Processing Technician
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you computer literate with exceptional organisational skills?
Are you looking to work in a fast paced environment?
Do want the chance to train, learn and develop within a scientificfield?
Do you want the opportunity to work for a global organization who strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market?
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organisations, Covance's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organizations.
As a Sample Processing Technician within the Clinical Pathology Services team based in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire you will play at integral part in achieving our mission by providing support and assistance to the team with departmental administration tasks.
The main responsibilities will include:
- The receipt, processing and storage of all fresh and frozen samples
- Assisting in the maintenance of storage processes.
- Disposing of study material on a regular basis
- Monitoring performance of controlled temperature stores and maintaining records
- Assisting in the calibration and maintenance of routine laboratory equipment
- Assisting with sample preparation and other general laboratory duties as required
In order to be successful, you will have:
- GCSE level Grade C or above or equivalent in English and Maths
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
If you have a positive approach with a desire to learn and continually improve yourself and are looking for role where you will have the opportunity to develop and progress, then we would like to hear from you!
Ideally educated to GCSE Level or equivalent.
No experience required as full training will be given. However, any previous working experience within a lab would be advantageous.