DIRECTOR / SENIOR DIRECTOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT, PHASE IV, RWE, EUROPE, REMOTE
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Covance RWE & Phase IV Solutions has a truly compelling story to tell: 2020 CRO Leadership Award for Late Phase, 220+ Global Studies in less than 5 years and we are growing.
The future looks even more exciting as we have embarked in a mission to challenge the traditional site-based paradigm by integrating virtual components into otherwise classic study designs.
This is where you come in: we have opened a Director / (Sr) Director Project Management job to support the growth expected in the Covance´s Top Large Pharma clients sector. We need an industry leader to drive this expansion and functional delivery, especially in Europe and Asia Pacific .
WHAT MAKES THIS JOB SPECIAL
- Covance is one of the few CROs that can offer a single, integrated solution across clinical and post-marketing authorization.
- With 20 + years expertise in Phase IV/ RWE we have created a strong dedicated team, we´re not a general clinical team who also do Phase IV trials
- We have deep therapy area expertise, regulatory know-how across drug, device and diagnostic development, and specialist teams for key disciplines
- As part of LabCorp ®, we have unparalleled access to data, as we can incorporate laboratory data into observational studies to support real-world evidence.
This is a home-based, remote job anywhere in Europe (ideal locations: Germany, UK, Poland, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, France or Italy).
Therapeutic Area Experience Required : Phase IIIB , Phase IV , Real World Evidence (RWE), Post Market .
You will be responsible for overseeing operational, financial and quality delivery of a portfolio of clinical studies conducted within a GTMO therapeutic area. We will trust you to serve as the voice of the customer, ensuring effective project design and execution while fostering strategic relationships in order to grow the business.You will need to demonstrate the ability to prioritize between functional area objectives and project delivery in order to be in line with corporate strategy.
There is an additional line management, talent development and retention component of assigned project management team, with an emphasis on developing and improving consistent project management excellence.
Essential Job Duties:
Strategy & Leadership
- Helps to define and implement the GTMO vision and strategy; translates this into key initiatives and priorities; develops and delivers against operating plans & project plans; achieves results in a global, virtual and complex environment; tracks and measures progress.
- Engages with Covance's leadership to help drive and implement company-wide and GTMO initiatives.
- Proven post market experience and awareness in delivering program strategy
- Has a good understanding of the industry, market and our clients and presents Covance's operational and clinical capabilities to clients. Leads growth within the Therapeutic Area; designs and develops winning trial solutions that result in a growing, profitable portfolio of business in the TA.
- Contributes to the TA commercial, operational, medical and scientific leadership and direction, leveraging expertise from other functions as required.
- Owns client expectations and satisfaction; identifies, develops and fosters new and existing client relationships at senior operational levels with clients, KOLs, and strategic partners; and guides teams in delivering to establish/maintain effective client relationships.
- Contributes to business development strategies, including RFI response, proposal development, bid defense preparation and presentations.
- Part ownership of the global P&L for the TA, including top line growth, operating margin, project cost variance, forecasting, expense management, and other business metrics.
- Champions operational, financial, and quality delivery - encompassing consistent quality while mitigating risk and assuring patient safety, data integrity and GCP compliance.
- Supports a culture of project management excellence whereby project leaders have a deep understanding of their role and responsibility to ensure project success for the TA and their clients across the region.
This job is afull time & permanent position to beemployed through Covance. For more information please contact Carlos Villanueva at Covance on +34 648853615 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor's degree required. Advance degree, PhD and/or MBA preferred
This is a high profile job for Covance based on three main pillars: Client Management. Bid meetings. Strategy. This is why we can only consider candidates with:
- Profound drug development and clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO environment.
- We need you to bring l eading Ph IIIB/ IV and Real World Evidence clinical trials experience in a complex, virtual and matrix environment, overseeing international and large multi-functional teams
- Broader level client relationships and business development experience.
- Demonstrated vision, strategy and growth experience.
- Experience in DCT (De-Centralised Trials) / Hybrid design and /or Low Interventional strategy
- Financial acumen (P&L, budget, forecast, resources etc.).