Laboratory Operations Manager (Night shift)- Urgently Required
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you h ave experience managing a molecular biology and virology lab utilising PCR technology?
Are you an experienced team leader with strong communication and training skills?
Would you like to take part in providing COVID testing services?
As a Laboratory Operations Manager, you'll oversee all aspects of work performed in the lab ensuring both automated and manual COVID-19 PCR testing is compliant with accrediting agency requirements. You will monitor testing to ensure acceptable levels of analytical performance are maintained; with the overall goal of providing results that will be used for the diagnosis and management of COVID-19. Ultimately, these test results will be studied to better understand the virus to develop better treatments and a future vaccine.
This position will be operating on the following shift pattern 10pm-6am five days a week.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing overall laboratory performance.
- Reporting laboratory metrics, KPIs, sample throughput, backlog and other data to senior leadership.
- Acting as a relationship manager internally and externally delivering to our client Deloitte.
- Ensuring laboratory safety.
- Acting as a mentor to all laboratory employees and handling interviews, hiring and training of new staff.
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment and instrument maintenance monitoring.
- Ensuring adequacy of training and competency assessment protocols in the labs.
- Ensuring all group members adhere to quality control policies and document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, reagent preparation and testing, and instrument maintenance performed.
- Identifying potential issues that may adversely affect test performance and notify key individuals to ensure corrective action is taken.
- Detecting when test performance is not within acceptable levels and documenting all corrective action.
What Covance can offer you:
- Competitive salary with shift allowance.
- Ability to develop key leadership skills.
Covance, LabCorp's drug development business, is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. As of the end of August, across the United States, we have safely performed more than 12 million COVID-19 molecular tests. Now, we are excited to expand our testing services to support the United Kingdom.
We're committed to the health and safety of our employees and their communities
To protect our team and members of our local communities, we are following COVID-19 healthcare guidelines by practicing "social distancing," minimizing onsite staff and enforcing utilization of PPE for those who are working within our labs.
* Scientific degree (Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Sciences etc.)
* OR relevant scientific industry experience.
* Must have extensive experience using PCR technology.
* In depth knowledge of Molecular Biology & Virology.
* Previous supervisory/management experience.
* Working knowledge of document control systems.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise workload in a high throughput lab.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.