Oncology Account Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Oncology Account Manager
Oncology Business Unit
North West Region
Do you have expertise in Secondary Care Sales, Account Management in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to the Oncology Account Manager role for a Launch Brand, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers.
As well as other tumour types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work and bringing unexpected teams together.
Our Oncology Business drives growth and improves commercial performance of the global oncology and haematology portfolio within AstraZeneca. In addition, it plays an important role in setting the Oncology portfolio and product strategy for the organisation. We see the oncology revolution as a once in a lifetime scientific opportunity with the potential to be the biggest step change since combinatorial chemistry and antibiotics, with 20 years of growth to come.
As Oncology Account Manager you'll be generating clinical demand for Oncology brands within key hospital accounts (hub and spoke), pro-actively identifying business opportunities and recommending solutions to drive and develop business. Please note this role is for the North West region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for growing prescribing of your brand through effective promotion to senior/influential customers within a defined set of key accounts through improved KAM working.
- Pro-actively identifying account needs.
- Development of Local Advocates in allocated accounts
- Nurture relationships with key internal and external stakeholders that will realise business outcomes in the short, medium and long term.
- Secondary care sales experience with a sound knowledge of key account management within a speciality care environment
- Experience and success within Oncology
- Proven track record of sales & business management success in speciality secondary care
- Proven track record in influencing the prescribing decision-making process across key accounts
- Excellent eye for business, demonstrating good analytical, planning and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and effective problem solver- responsible for own actions and results
- Strong communication and team working
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- ABPI qualification
- Current knowledge and experience of AZ designated territory and customers
- Experience of influencing efficiently in a sophisticated organisation
- A flexible approach in being able to adapt as the brands develop in the market place