Oncology Account Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work and bringing unexpected teams together.
Our Oncology Business is responsible for driving growth and maximising commercial performance of the global oncology and haematology portfolio within AstraZeneca. In addition, it plays a critical role in setting the Oncology portfolio and product strategy for the organisation. We see the oncology revolution as a once in a lifetime scientific opportunity with the potential to be the biggest step change since combinatorial chemistry and antibiotics, with 20 years of growth to come.
As Oncology Account Manager you'll be responsible for generating clinical demand for Oncology brands within key hospital accounts (hub and spoke), pro-actively identifying business opportunities and recommending solutions to drive and develop business. Please note this role is for the London region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for increasing prescribing of your brand through effective promotion to senior/influential customers within a defined set of key accounts through enhanced key account management working.
- Pro-actively identifying account needs.
- Development of Local Advocates in allocated accounts
- Cultivate relationships with key internal and external stakeholders that will realise business outcomes in the short, medium and long term.
- Secondary care sales experience with a sound knowledge of key account management within a speciality care environment
- Proven track record of sales & business management success in speciality secondary care
- Proven track record in influencing the prescribing decision-making process across key accounts
- Excellent business acumen, demonstrating good analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Self-starter and effective problem solver- responsible for own actions and results
- Strong communication and team working
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- ABPI qualification
- Experience and success ideally within Oncology
- Current knowledge and experience of AZ designated territory and customers
- Experience of influencing successfully in a complex organisation
- A flexible approach in being able to adapt as the brands develop in the market place