- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
On behalf of my client, a global pharmaceutical company based in Waterford, I am currently recruiting for an R&D Formulation Scientist to join their team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Analytical & Formulation Development Manager, Innovation team and Scientific Affairs (both PMO and Regulatory/Clinical) to foster innovative thinking within the R&D function & to champion the development of innovative medicines in a timely fashion according to stakeholder expectations.
- Execute and/or oversee the design & development of formulations that are built on sound scientific, regulatory, QbD, process validation, and lean product development principles.
- Assist in the improvement of existing drug product formulations within the organization.
- Champion the use of QbD and scientific thinking in the development innovative drug product formulations while maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of formulations development disciplines through research and scientific literature.
- Act as SME for the interpretation of in-vitro data to predict in-vivo performance & how this relates to further formulation development.
- Identifying, assessing, recommending and implementing internal and external opportunities to broaden technical/scientific capability.
- Identification, organization and implementation of effective training programs within the Formulation Science group including this role.
- Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Ensure contemporaneous collection of relevant data for R&D Tax Credit claim purposes.
- Implement safety requirements as per site documentation including SOP’s, Safety Statement and COP’s.
- BSc in a chemical science related discipline such as Material Science, Industrial Chemistry, Formulation Science or related discipline, post graduate qualification highly desirable.
- 5+ years proven experience in a formulation development environment which significant experience in studies that include drug & material characterisation and selection.
- SME level knowledge of QbD and pharmaceutical development processes.
- Demonstrated capabilities in project management & technical leadership of complex product/process developments, at least two years is highly desirable.
For a full job spec and more information on this role, please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com