Medical Science Liaison
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Region: Midlands & North West
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we'll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) in the Lung team, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific abilities in making a positive impact on patients' lives. The team you'd be joining is dynamic, forward looking and has an industry leading set of existing and pipeline products. Please note we are looking for someone ideally located in close proximity to the Midlands & North West Region or with the ability to commute to this area on a regular basis.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on the disease areas of: breast, ovarian, lung, GI/Genitourinary and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death through scientific discovery and collaborations.
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition - join us!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Oncology MSL in the Lung team is an ambassador for AstraZeneca's existing and emerging Lung Cancer portfolio, engaging in scientific exchange with Key External Experts (KEEs), broader Health Care Professionals and Clinical Investigators. Oncology MSLs engage and partner with external experts to identify medical unmet needs; identify portfolio gaps and support successful delivery of our lung studies throughout the whole trial lifecycle. Field medical insight obtained through strong KEE scientific interaction is crucial for multiple internal business stakeholders to shape and refine both local and global evidence/confidence strategies and is a core feature of the MSL role.
· Science based degree in a relevant field of study, including nursing, medicine, pharmacy, pharmacology, biology, biochemistry, etc.
· Fundamental knowledge of basic research, drug discovery, drug development, and the clinical environment
· Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, health care or a research environment
· Proven ability to understand, assimilate and communicate complex scientific information
· Proven track record in engaging and developing lasting relationships with both colleagues and experts in complex clinical environments
· Proven demonstration of successful working in inter disciplinary cross functional teams
· Thorough written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Excellent understanding of written English and proficiency in spoken English
· Good organisational skills
· Previous experience as an MSL (preferably in Oncology)
· Direct experience in the setting up and overseeing delivery of clinical studies
· Lung cancer experience would be advantageous