Senior Statistical Programmer - Poland (home-based roles or office based in Warsaw)
- Experience Level
IQVIA’s Real World Evidence Solutions (RWES) group is recruiting Senior Statistical Programmers to join our dynamic team in Europe.
Closing date for applications is Friday the 12th of February. Applications must be in English to be considered.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The RWE Senior Statistical Programmer jobs will provide experienced statistical SAS programming leadership, expertise and consulting to develop process methodology for the department to meet internal and external client needs. In addition, planning and co-ordination of integrated SAS programming solutions serving the full spectrum of statistical programming for often complex projects is key.
These Senior SAS programmer jobs are exciting new solution-driven career enhancing roles within the team as RWES expands into developing further innovations for clients.
Day to day responsibilities of a Senior Statistical Programmer with RWES:
- The Senior SAS Programmer will perform, plan co-ordinate and implement the following for complex studies: (i) the SAS programming, testing, and documentation of statistical programs for use in creating statistical tables, figures, and listing and (ii) the programming of analysis datasets (derived datasets) and transfer files for internal and external clients and (iii) the programming quality control checks for the source data and report the data issues periodically
- Interpret project level requirements and develop programming specifications, as appropriate, for complex studies
- Provide advanced technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to SP teams and Statistical Programming department, for complex studies
- Fullfil project responsibilities at the level of technical team lead for single complex studies or group of studies
- Directly communicate with internal and client statisticians and clinical team members to ensure appropriate understanding of requirements and project timelines
- Estimate programming scope of work, manage resource assignments, communicate project status and negotiate/re-negotiate project timelines for deliverables
- Use and promote the use of established standards, SOP and best practices
- Provide training and mentoring to SP team members and Statistical Programming department staff
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Statistical programming in SAS within the CRO/Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Healthcare industries
- Advanced knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS Graph and SAS Macro Language
- Strong knowledge of SDTM structures and ADaM standards
- Leadership experience as technical team lead and project lead. Directly engaging clients and coordinating tasks within a programming team
- Masters Degree in computer science or related field and 3 years relevant experience; Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in computer science or related field and 5 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to delegate work to other members of the SP team
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Recognizes when negotiating skills are needed and seeks assistance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
- Already possess the right to work in the recruiting country without the need for a visa/sponsorship
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and supportive team
- Opportunity to work on complex trials in challenging therapeutic areas
- Career development
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.