Lead Data Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
In our health-obsessed world, clinical research and end-to-end drug development services have never been more important. Done well, they’re great. But done really, really well, and they have the scope to seamlessly integrate better healthcare solutions into patients’ lives. Suffice to say that this organisation definitely falls into the second camp. Currently in the midst of exponential global growth, they’re witnessing an average of 6 employees returning to the team every month – which speaks volumes about the kind of working environment they offer (particularly as their benefits packages are matched by sector-leading training and development opportunities). Join their well-established (and highly respected) team of Data Managers, and your career potential will rocket.
This is an exciting chance to be outsourced to work exclusively for a global pharmaceutical company – an organisation with an equally supportive and flexible culture. Better still, they’re responsible for the most impressive trials across a wide variety of therapeutic areas including Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Neurology and more, so there’s immense scope to get involved in the most interesting projects. Join them as a Lead Data Manager, and you will be responsible for the implementation and development of phase 1-4 clinical trials across all of these areas (and more). Taking ownership of all project deliverables and key study metrics, every day will present you with new challenges and opportunities. Specifically, you will manage a team of UK and EU Clinical Data Associates, leading by example as you develop and implement the Data Management and Data Validation Plans. Taking an innovative approach to solving process and technical issues, you’ll report on the status of your projects and tasks, and you’ll track all data queries. In short, you’ll be at the heart of life-changing studies, and you’ll use your multitasking skills to handle everything from reconciling external data to managing key internal and external stakeholders.
To deliver the results that this Data Manager role deserves, you will:
- Have at least three years of experience in data management in either the CRO or pharmaceutical sectors.
- Have the communication, influencing and leadership skills required to get the best out of a talented team.
- Have a degree-level qualification, ideally in a life science subject.
- Enjoy project management and delivery. Which also means you’ll be capable of balancing the needs of multiple projects… and your time-management skills will be impressive.
- Ideally have a knowledge of Medidata Rave – though it’s not a deal breaker if you haven’t got this particular skill, as long as you’re proficient in at least one clinical data management system.
- Be passionate about bringing life-improving drugs to market.