Consultant Medical Affairs Research
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are seeking a Consultant Medical Affairs Research to join a research-based biopharmaceutical company on a 12-month contract. This role will be initially to work remotely however the position will be based in West London. Our client is very patient-focused, whose scientific research has benefitted hundreds of thousands of people by ensuring medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
- Contribute to develop and execution of the MAR medical strategy and activities to demonstrate the value of the organisation's medicines.
- Research activities will focus on the broad areas of pharmacoepidemiology and will include retrospective database analyses, prospective cohort studies, PROs and real world research.
- To work cross functionally to assess, evaluate and select which data sources, cohorts, registries and collaborators represent the best partners to achieve the strategic objectives and data generation plans.
- Create or co-develop study concept documents, protocols, analysis plans, and final study reports, as well as draft manuscripts for studies which include relevant outcomes.
- Collaborate with colleagues in multiple other functional areas, including HEOR, Therapeutic Area Medical Directors, Commercial Strategy and Clinical Development.
- Provide high quality technical and methodological support to cross-functional teams to effectively use clinical, and humanistic data to optimize treatment practice and improve patient outcomes throughout the lifecycle of our client's medicines.
- Contribute assessing data gap and to provide input on clinical and PRO endpoints with Phase II/III/IV clinical trials in partnership with Medical Affairs, Clinical Development and Commercial.
- Develop scientific communications build the peer reviewed published scientific evidence base.
- Maintain and continue to enhance knowledge of technical and methodological advances and trends to ensure best approaches are used in studies and evaluations.
- Engage key clinical and methodological experts and facilitate the building of relationships via collaboration on various projects. Provide methodological support at advisory boards, regional educational programs, conferences and other external meetings.
- Adhere to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General guidelines, and policies.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including management of multiple priorities and resources.
- Proven track record of executing clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, and academic institutions.
- Advanced scientific degree ideally in Epidemiology, Public Health, Outcomes Research, or Biostatistics, with experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong methodological knowledge including retrospective and prospective study design and analysis, database assessment and analysis, advanced statistical methods needed for observational data, real world studies and/ or PRO development.
- Proven track record as demonstrated by publications in peer-review journals.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.