Associate Manager, Safety Operations Team
4 days left
- Experience Level
Do you have a passion for healthcare and patient safety? Can you lead people to be the best that they can? The Safety Operations team at IQVIA is a cornerstone to how we support our clients and patients in pushing healthcare forward. This Associate Manager role will provide comprehensive safety services across the lifecycle of pharmaceutical compounds and medical devices, from first in human clinical trials through to post-approval, marketed product, and regulatory safety requirements.
Using your scientific knowledge of pharmacovigilance, safety, and your ability to manage a team you’ll be responsible for delivering industry leading services under the guidance of expert team. You’ll be given the opportunity to contribute to Global initiatives working closely in collaboration with Senior Management supporting the achievement of local and global deliverables and metrics.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a Life Science is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience in Lifecycle safety (Pharmacovigilance, CEVA, Medical Information, Safety Publishing, Risk Management etc).
- Prior line management experience is preferable.
- Fluency in English language skill .
- Implement and support operational decisions as determined and instructed by senior management. May contribute and assist in global initiatives e.g. Change Management
- Manage Safety staff responsible for delivering services in Safety Operations under the guidance of senior management.
- Assist in the implementation for measuring and improving employee engagement in local and/or global actions. Maintain open and regular communication with direct reports to ensure a supportive working environment.
- Supervise Safety Operations staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, directing work performance appraisal, and professional development guidance
- People Management responsibilities.
- Support the management on project resource assignments, staff hiring and staff terminations in collaborations with operations specialist managers.
- Assists with staff training, professional and career development.
- Work closely with operations managers to address problem areas, work scheduling for current and projected projects, and projected peak workloads.
- Monitor, assess and report utilization of staff.
- Ensure direct reports are cross trained on Safety service offering as applicable
- Monitor and develop training plans
- Instruct and lead direct reports in efficient management of project budgets through effective timesheet reporting.
- Manage and support in project resource allocation.
Required Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Life sciences and/or health knowledge with analytical skills.
- Prior line management experience is preferable but an eagerness to manage a group of people is required.
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy maintaining consistently high-quality standards.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of applicable global, regional, local clinical research regulatory requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, organize own workload and effectively manage competing priorities.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients. Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.