Senior Scientist, Gene Therapy
4 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Position: Senior Scientist, Gene Therapy
Salary: $80,000 - $140,000
Location: Boston, Cambridge, MA
Albion Rye Associates are exclusively supporting our client to recruit an exceptional and highly motivated Senior Scientist to help advance the company’s therapeutic platform technology. The successful candidate will support R&D efforts within the company by both developing and reducing to practice novel concepts in viral and non-viral gene therapy. A deep background in molecular biology and viral vector biology is required. Strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced R&D environment.
- Design, construct, evaluate, and optimize viral and non-viral vectors for ex vivo and in vivo gene therapy applications.
- Establish biochemical and cell-based assays to assess gene transfer and expression, virus titration, copy number analysis and integration site analysis.
- Work independently and in collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams and organization, present internally to project and scientific teams.
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations to colleagues, managers, and senior management in a timely manner, assisting in project decision-making.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Virology or relevant field with 3 years of relevant academic or industrial experience in vector biology.
- Expertise in viral vector design and plasmid engineering is required.
- Experience with lentiviral production and transduction is required.
- Experience with both viral and non-viral integrating gene delivery in cell therapy applications is required.
- Experience with viral titer determination and integration site analysis is required.
- Molecular biology experience, including with techniques in DNA cloning, RNA synthesis, and DNA/RNA analysis is required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and flow cytometry is desirable.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative work environment.
If you would like to hear more about this vacancy, get in touch with Jake Byrne, Managing Director of Albion Rye Associates, who are managing this hire exclusively.
Apply for Senior Scientist, Gene Therapy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly