Program Manager, Functional Service Solutions
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Advanced Clinical is a global clinical development organization that provides CRO, FSP, Quality & Validation, and Strategic Resourcing services for biopharmaceutical and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a better clinical experience for our clients. With global experience in over 50 countries, we are committed to improving all lives touched by clinical research. We understand the complex nature of the clinical research industry and approach each opportunity with compassion. Together, we answer the hopes of patients and healthcare professionals with industry-leading services in global life-sciences. As part of the Advanced Group family of companies, Advanced Clinical employees provide the support, structure, and professional background and experience for better clinical trials and research. They are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Clinical.
The Program Manager, Functional Service Solutions (FSS) is responsible for working closely with their assigned client(s) to ensure the client's project(s)/program(s) needs, expectations, deliverables and goals are met.
- Responsible for supporting and at times leading, implementing, and managing a functional service solution specific to client's needs.
- Creation and implementation of program operational and oversight plans inclusive of establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Supporting and at times leading preparations for Governance/Steering Committee meetings.
- Support and at times oversee all flexible staffing personnel across multiple functional areas for the client (i.e. Clinical Trial Operations and Support, Clinical Monitoring, Study File Management, Data Management, SAS Programming, Biostatistics, Finance, etc.).
- Act as primary liaison to hiring managers and candidates. Ensure that client's needs, expectations and goals are met and exceeded.
- Effectively manage the client-specific flexible staffing needs according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conforms to current laws and regulations; to include overseeing recruitment, hiring, supervision, and termination of flexible staff.
- Oversee client-specific flexible staffing recruitment process, including requisitions, selection, evaluation, placement, agreement and administration
- Monitor client-specific operational reports and metrics to ensure unit goals are met.
- Partner with Business Development/Proposal Development/Marketing for client RFPs, capabilities presentations, Bid defenses and website/collateral material.
- Work with Functional Service Solutions (FSS) Leadership in the support, development and implementation of new process initiatives.
- Interact with finance/payroll to ensure accurate client-specific timesheet reporting, billing, invoicing and payment.
- Collaborate with human resources and legal counsel as needed to ensure compliance with flexible staffing activities.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong clinical trial management experience
- Be an effective communicator (both written and oral)
- Be responsive within a dynamic business environment with strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate appropriate time management skills
- Experience managing projects and staff (e.g. direct reports)
- As a brand ambassador of Advanced, interact with consultants and clients in a professional manner
- Independently organize work and effectively execute to meet established objectives including application of problem solving skills
- Foster a sense of accountability, whereby all activity and deliverable goals are consistently met
- Bachelor's Degree or RN
- Five years' experience Clinical Research experience
- Three years' experience managing Functional Service Model
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal employment law, and regulations
- Advanced ability in evaluating candidate's skills and relevant experience as they relate to job requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains a focus on key priorities and deliverables, staying resilient in the face of pressure.
- Uses challenges and new situations as an opportunity to learn and improve. Understands own "facts" and "stories" when in dialogue, and the impact leadership style can have on outcomes.
- Actively listens and learns from others, demonstrating patience and consideration for others' concerns or frustrations. Asks questions for clarification and ensures message is understood. Takes time to digest what is heard before responding.
- Visible, approachable, and accessible. Encourages input and participation from colleagues to solve problems and innovate. Provides correct balance of direction and support to staff and colleagues according to each situation. Understands differences, anticipates areas of conflict and takes action.
- Evaluates and measures current processes. Works with a view of the future, prioritizing work in line with organizational objectives. Improves processes to maximize use of resources.
- Seeks opportunities to develop professional skills and knowledge and encourages team to do so. Supports and directs where appropriate, including recognizing achievements and providing constructive feedback and guidance. Cross-train others to broaden experience and develop potential.
- Translates major new directives into individual performance expectations. Explains and convinces others of the need for adaptation and change of policies, structures, and methods.
- Is comfortable facing issues with team members quickly and directly. Is willing to choose an approach that has not been tried before, or a leadership style that feels less comfortable if the situation demands it. Takes personal risks regularly and is not afraid to express bold opinions if the intention and motive is good.
- Consistently reflects the REAL values and inspires team to live and work by these values.
What's in it for you? Advanced Group offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a flexible work environment designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work. Visit the links below to discover all that Advanced Group has to offer:
Our Culture: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/embrace-our-culture
Career Development Opportunities: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/realize-your-potential
Community Programs: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/unleash-your-passion
For a complete list of all of our job openings, please visit Advanced Group's career site here .
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.