Client Programme Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a Client Programme Manager to manage the relationship between OXB and Clients and ensure collaboration projects are delivered on time and within budget to the required quality in order to ensure successful long term alliances.
Key responsibilities within this role are:
- Maintains client / partner satisfaction to ensure successful long term alliances.
- Maintains oversight of all projects for assigned client (s)
- Understands client needs and identifies ongoing project opportunities
- Ensures projects are delivered within the agreed scope, timeline and budget.
- Ensures project milestones are met (to generate revenue / avoid potential financial penalties).
- Ensures project risks are identified and communicated and effective mitigation actions are put in place.
- Provides project updates and performance data to OXB Management and SET to enable effective strategic and tactical decision making.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the collaboration including forecasting, cost control etc. Ensures work is accurately invoiced in timely manner to maintain good financial control
- Determines scope, costings and timelines for new work packages.
- Assists with preparing proposals and contributes to contract negotiations for prospective clients
To be successful, your technical knowledge will include:
- Standard Project Management tools and techniques and the skills required for their effective utilisation
- Significant project management experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical / biotech industry
- Good technical understanding of biopharmaceutical process development and manufacturing
- Implement Project Management best practice tools and techniques within OXB as appropriate.
- Facilitate team members to develop solutions to operational and technical problems which would otherwise impact project deliverables.
- Leads cross functional Project Teams to ensure they have the information and motivation to successfully deliver agreed projects.
- Defines clear milestones for the team, monitoring progress towards targets and deliverables.
- Sets individual objectives for direct reports and performs informal and formal performance reviews. Motivates via coaching, training and development
Your skills and experience will include:
- Scientific degree or PhD
- A project management qualification, such as Prince 2 or PM preferred
- Extensive project management experience
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Line management experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Project and Excel
Your personal attributes will include:
- High level of personal integrity and ability to handle highly confidential information
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong commitment to working in a customer-focused environment
No agencies please