4 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Role: Statistical Geneticist
A fast-growing and innovative Biotech in Central London are looking for a talented Statistical Geneticist to join them as a full-time and permanent employee.
This position would report into the Senior Medical Director in the Translational Genomics team. This is a hands-on role for a creative statistical geneticist who is enthusiastic about working with colleagues from other disciplines and bringing their own skills to bear on active, fast moving drug discovery and development programmes. This position will offer flexible working around the position and business needs.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Create an informed long-term plan for implementing human genetics into early target discovery and validation and patient stratification.
- Create, start and implement target identification process based on known and hidden data sources.
- Create analysis pipelines for genome-wide analysis including WGS/WES data
- Display and describe translational implications of analysis results cross-functionally
- Collaborate alongside colleagues in to integrate orthogonal sources of evidence for target identification and validation.
To be successful in this role you will be expected to hold the below:
- PhD in statistical genetics, genetic epidemiology, or related discipline.
- Relevant post-doctoral experience (industry experience)
- Demonstrable track record of designing, implementing, and interpreting analysis workflows using large (n>100,000) genotype-phenotype datasets.
- Proven proficiency in implementation and use of established and emerging statistical methods, including frequentist and Bayesian methods. These must include GWAS, rare variant association analysis, colocalization, Mendelian randomisation, meta-analysis.
- Fluency in python and/or R and familiarity with working in a cloud environment.
- Experience and proficiency in QC and preparation of new genotyping and WGS/WES data and phenotype data for analysis.
Excellent salary and benefits are offered, and the client is renowned for longevity of service. Home working flexibility is also offered.
Apply now for immediate consideration!!!!!!
Apply for Statistical Geneticist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly