Telephonic Nurse Clinician - Bilingual
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Provides telephonic professional nursing services, utilizing motivational interviewing techniques, in support of pharmaceutical client funded contracts. This includes: telephonic patient support and resource, referral source, data collector and nurse educator to patients, consumers and healthcare professionals.
Specific job duties:
- Adheres to principles and guardrails as stipulated by program specific contractual agreements and company practices which may include any combination of the following services:
- Patient Support for inbound and outbound phone calls for patients who have opted into a nursing support program. This requires the utilization of motivational interviewing techniques in order to fully support the patient’s needs. Telephonic nursing support may include but is not limited to conducting a risk assessment, providing home injection training support/education, disease state and product education and following a standard call cadence based on the patients’ needs and as defined within program scope.
- Make additional calls as directed and be available to support callers by phone at all other times.
- Act as a resource for answering stakeholder questions (including but may not be limited to patient, consumer and/or healthcare professional) and suggest client approved resources for callers.
- Serve as a referral source for additional training, support groups, approved program materials, or literature.
- Referring callers to their healthcare provider for recommendations outside the programs scope.
- Collect and enter data by assembling accurate, timely, clear and complete summary of all calls and assigned tasks.
- Participates in program specific customer meetings and training sessions.
- Participates in program specific orientation meetings and demonstrates clinical competency on electronic/written tests.
- Performs special projects and performs other duties as it pertains to specific contract performance
Works under moderate supervision.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum- Associate’s Degree in Nursing (or diploma equivalent)
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Registered Nurse License in good standing in the state in which you work and/or cross-licensed in other states
- Telephonic nursing roles must have (or be willing to obtain) a compact nursing license; additionally, the employee must be willing to obtain additional state licenses upon request.
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Basic database and office navigation skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer interaction/service skills while talking with stakeholders via phone; ability to multitask in both PC/Phone related tasks and maintain adherence to approved scripted materials. Ability to interpret information shared by the patient to determine next steps as the individual case may warrant.
- Telephonic nursing experience, ideally supporting a pharmaceutical product
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Works effectively and fosters teamwork
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting