Business Intelligence Analyst
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Business Intelligence Analyst will join a functional team responsible for Operations and Strategic Project Delivery. They will manage business driven enhancements to existing technology/BI services, while support and work closely with client facing stakeholders of our existing technology/BI services. Part of the role will be to provide second line support where needed for existing services and support to strategic projects. The successful candidate will work closely with teams in Bangalore and global stakeholders.
Would appeal to:
- Someone looking to eventually move away from hands on technical work to a more management/business focussed role
- Somebody with an interest in moving into Product management
- Support/Drive the development of BI including the creation of dashboards and reports
- Work closely with stakeholders to gather requirements and support/manage development of solutions around key datasets
- Support/Provide expert advice to internal/external clients to facilitate communications with the technical development team
- Use experience and knowledge to recommend enhancements to BI dashboard visualizations and reports in reporting systems
- Providing customer support on client BI products
- Operational support for client BI Products
- Will become a subject matter expert in our BI products
- Work closely with commercial leads and product owners to support client engagements for mature and new solutions
- Apply evolving subject matter expertise to support internal stakeholders across a portfolio of wholesaler and pharmacy offerings.
- Support go to market activities (release documentation, guides, training and demo to internal customers, new version release management)
- Take ownership of client/stakeholder issues. Resolve and escalate issues in a professional and timely fashion.
- Under general direction, attend client meetings to discuss business needs and solutions. Potential to develop more client facing responsibilities over time including implementing customisation features according customer requirements and training or presentation of solution capabilities.
- Become proficient in both in-house and 3rd party BI tools to build custom client report solutions and solution story boarding (i.e. starter packs)
- Engage with globally distributed client service teams to ensure wholesaler and pharmacy clients receive a consistent level of high-quality service.
Our Ideal candidate will bring:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of professional experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable Business Intelligence position
- Experience with BI Dashboards - (Examples: PowerBI, Qlik Sense)
- Proven ability of analysing and reporting on large/complex datasets
- Competency with Excel (i.e. connecting Pivot tables to external sources, analysing and presenting data)
- Experience gathering and reflecting stakeholder requirements, asking the correct questions to ensure the most effective reports and dashboards are designed
- Understand market performance related to business, and sales and marketing KPI’s
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understand basic database concepts
- Business analytics/data analytics in a commercial setting
- Previous experience working with pharmaceutical market data an advantage
- This position will be based in our London HQ, and therefore the candidates should be within a commutable distance.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.