- Experience Level
About the role
We want to expand our pack into Ireland! We are looking for a bold Editorial Director to lead a talented team of medical writers in Dublin. You need to be a natural collaborator and relish the opportunity to nurture a team. Are you ready for the challenge?
This is a permanent role for an Editorial Director to join Fishawack Health. You will have overall leadership of Scientific Services team members within Ireland, responsibility for ensuring the high quality of all deliverables and oversight of the performance of the team. As valued member of the senior Scientific Services team, you will play a crucial role in the recruitment, development, and account alignment of colleagues across your business unit. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are Fishawack Health?
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialisation partner for the life science industry. Established in 2001 and headquartered in the UK, Fishawack Health is now an 800+ strong global organisation, bringing together best-in-class agencies and experts across Medical Communications, Consulting, and Commercial.
We help develop, launch, and grow brands for clients across the life sciences industry, including global pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers and emerging biotech and healthcare companies. Our internationally registered, award-winning teams collaborate across operations in the UK (Knutsford, Manchester, Brighton and Oxford) and USA (Evansville, New York, Philadelphia, Scottsdale, St. Louis and San Diego).
What you'll do
- Overall line management responsibilities for a medical writing team (professional development of line reports, identifying training needs, performance reviews, recruitment etc.)
- Continuous management, review and improvement of editorial processes and procedures
- Responsibility for resource planning and ensuring the high quality of all deliverables, as measured by client satisfaction
- Facilitate inter-departmental working practices to ensure optimum performance
- Actively participate in senior management meetings, driving any agreed actions with scientific services teams
- Previous editorial team lead experience within a medical communications agency/setting
- Educated to degree level in biological/life sciences; PhD is highly advantageous
- Experience with resource planning and managing deliverables
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives, amongst other benefits.