Lead Automation Engineer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
About the Role:
Zenith Technologies is looking to hire Lead Automation Engineer to work on site with our client who is a global pharmaceutical company based in the outskirts of Paris, France. The role will involve leading and managing external partners in the delivery of the project scope across different phases of the project.
- Oversees, plans, conducts and / coordinates the automation works, monitors the ongoing progress of their scope, including the coordination of the project with internal stakeholders, regulatory authorities and agencies;
- Establishes the automation organizational structure and modifies accordingly together with the Project Manager during the phases of project execution. Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and / or technical support personnel assigned to the project
- Elaborates the scope defined in the concept engineering phases into specific deliverables and ensures that the scope is communicated to his team and the engineering contractor counterpart.
- Ensures all requirements are clearly identified, agreed, considered and confirmed in the design;
- Ensures the design / installation meets the user requirements, codes, standards, site procedures, maintenance requirements, regulatory and legal requirements and that the standard of workmanship is of the required quality;
- Ensures necessary communication with other project disciplines and specialists e.g. HSE, GMP, C&Q etc.
- Ensures the implementation of all relevant requirements around issues such as safety, permits, environmental regulations and good manufacturing practices on responsible scope;
- Reviews and checks scope of work, drawings, specifications, calculations, schedules and estimates and ensures budgets and timelines are adhered to;
- Coordinates in specific with the IT, Process, Building Services and Electrical teams to ensure successful segregation of Building, utility and process Control systems, with successful migration to site systems;
- Ensures that design changes are handled in accordance with the project plan;
- Leads the management of change for his sub-project elements (area and subareas) and ensures that the change is controlled, communicated and implemented in the most cost effective and timely manner.
- Supports and advises the procurement team in the development of the procurement schedule, approves technical specifications used for tender and bid evaluation documents.
- Supports the Start-up Team with the development and execution of the project C&Q strategy
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Third level degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the Life Sciences
- Experience in management of automation projects involving leading of internal and external service providers
- Technical expertise in automation topics within GMP environment
- Experience of Biological / CGT manufacturing operations required
- French and English Language