Business Development Manager
- Experience Level
About the company
Agilex Biolabs is a regulated bioanalytical laboratory which offers specialised services supporting drug development for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. By combining specialised expertise, technological innovation and a 20-year track record, we have supported hundreds of preclinical and clinical trials around the world.
As a member of Agilex Biolabs, you will be a part of an expert team supporting exciting drug development in the pursuit of a healthier world.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Business Development Manager to support our Business Development activities. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Business Development, this position will be responsible for providing existing and new client business development services including RFP/RFI responses and subsequent collaboration with the biolabs team to support client success.
As a global provider of bioanalytical services, we are committed to sourcing, hiring and growing talented employees from around the globe. We support a mutually respectful environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives and we focus on the skills and expertise that each employee brings to our team.
This is a permanent full-time position which can be worked home based from anywhere in Australia or office based in Adelaide.
- Account management of existing customers.
- Identify and develop relationships with new customers - domestic and international.
- Identify new markets and opportunities, keeping abreast of industry trends and market conditions.
- Ensure timely responses to RFP/RFIs from new and existing clients.
- Conduct detailed handover of awarded studies and programs to Agilex' Study Director and laboratory personnel.
- Collaborate with Vice President Business Development to meet sales targets.
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and management of key performance metrics for corporate development activities.
- Maintain high level understanding of operational aspects of the business to identify ongoing process improvements, including productivity and cost efficiencies.
- Collaborate with diverse teams across the business.
- Attend relevant industry meetings and conferences.
- Support the training and mentoring of the Business Development Support Team.
Benefits and perks
- A diverse and inclusive culture with a strong emphasis on team collaboration.
- Flexibility and work-life balance.
- Attractive remuneration plus performance based bonus.
- Fast growing award-winning Bioanalytical company.
Skills and experience
- At least 10 years' operational and /or sales experience within biotech, pharma or CRO industries with an understanding of the clinical trial and drug development processes.
- Commercial awareness with a strategic mindset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and time management ability.
- Proven record of driving continuous improvements.
- Experience in planning and delivery of large, complex projects in a CRO environment.
- Strong knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, LIMS, CTMS & CRM systems.
- To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter
- You must have the right to work in Australia. An employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.