Job Title: Internal Audit ManagerLocation: Dublin 18
At ICON, it's our people that set us apart.
As a global provider of drug development solutions, our work is serious business. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun while you do it. With our vision to be the partner of choice in drug development, we hire only the best and brightest in the industry! Are you one of them?
At ICON, we have an incredible opportunity for an expert Internal Audit Manager
to join the team in our Leopardstown, Dublin 18 location.The Role:
Reporting to Senior Director/ Head of Internal Audit (based in Dublin), you will join a fast paced and dynamic internal audit team supporting ICON's mission - to help its clients accelerate the development of drugs and medical devices that save patient lives and improve their quality of life.
As a key member of the ICON Group Internal Audit team, you will perform financial and operational audits for ICON plc, with emphasis on global project governance and risk assurance.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an experienced internal audit team within a leading Irish Plc.Day to day responsibilities will include:
What you need:
- Plan, lead and perform risk based internal audit assignments across ICON's Divisions globally.
- Co-ordinate & deliver quality audit reports containing realistic recommendations, agreed with Management ensuring they are achievable, cost effective and contribute to the business.
- Play an active role in ensuring any potential operational risk issues and matters, are monitored and communicated effectively.
- Manage various Sox testing and reporting requirements across ICON's Divisions globally.
- Consistently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance, relating to risks across all aspects of ICON.
- Facilitate the Head of Internal Audit on relevant Audit Committee engagements.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual internal audit plan
- Analyse large amounts of data in an efficient and accurate manner, using your IT acumen.
- Familiarise yourself with the In-house SoX tool and look for ways of enhancing its use.
- Foster good working relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
- Promote the Internal Audit brand internally and encourage stakeholders to engage with Internal Audit.
- Motivate, coach and develop more junior team members to excel in their roles and advance professionally.
- Professional accountancy qualification desirable (ACA / ACCA);
- Educated to third level.
- Min of 5 years Audit experience required (Multinational experience a key advantage).
- Strong report writing skills, excellent attention to detail and time management skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative while also being a good team player,
- Commercial mind-set and value-add focus.
- Proven problem analysis and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills - ability to convey technology and business value propositions to non-technical audiences
- Very good knowledge of Internal Control systems ( incl. Sox)
- Ability to work in a professional and ethical manner at all times maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects at the one time.