We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
PPD's Functional Service Provider (FSP) department has experienced 20% growth or better for six straight years. Members of the FSP leadership team build creative and customized solutions for our clients, anywhere from traditional "staff augmentation" on location, unitized models, centralized services, PPD system, client systems, pay-for-success -- and hybrid models that cover everything in-between.
As a Director/Senior Director Project Management you will work effectively across multiple divisions to direct the proposal process, launch and on-going governance of FSP projects/programs within cost, time and quality requirements.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Serves as a liaison with Business Development and Bids/Contracts for the client presentations and proposal development. Assists in resource utilization, policy development, and implementation of goals. Works effectively across multiple divisions to direct the proposal process, launch and on-going governance of FSP projects/programs within cost, time and quality requirements. May provide direct supervision, support, training and mentoring to project managers. Works with leadership in all functional areas on the continuous development and improvement of business processes to support cross functional teams and to ensure that work is uniform, complete and managed appropriately. Serves as a liaison with Business Development and Bids/Contracts for the client presentations and proposal development. Assists in resource utilization, policy development, and implementation of goals. Develops and drives the specific and overall FSP strategy to ensure optimum performance and achievement of annual plans and targets. Has overall responsibility for instigating and leading change initiatives within the FSP area and works with peers on the FSP team and relevant Functional Groups.
- Ensures project risks and potential contingencies impacting time/quality/cost of deliverables are discussed with Senior Management through appropriate escalation pathways. Reviews and assesses project profitability through the identification of "out of scope" activity in a timely manner and supporting follow through on all aspects of contract modification.
- Manages the overall budgeting activity of the groups - annual and long range forecast.
- Accountable for the line management of project managers and senior project managers if applicable. Effectively recruits, inducts and retains staff. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback including formal performance appraisals, development plans and career coaching. Responsible for proposing salary and bonus recommendations and supporting recommendations with appropriate documentation.
- Communicates with sponsor(s) regularly to obtain direction and feedback on implementing scope of work as well as performance to date. Identifies unusual or significant problems encountered during the course of a clinical trial and proposes strategies for preventing or correcting significant problems.
- Assists in business development activities to obtain additional contracts by writing and reviewing proposals, making presentations to potential clients and representing the location/division at appropriate professional meetings and conferences. Fosters client relationships and supervise strategic sell initiative of the division.
#LI-MC2Qualifications:Education and Experience:
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12+ years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 5+ years of management responsibility
- Strong leadership skills
Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
PPD Defining Principles:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
- Effective organizational skills and negotiation skills.
- Expert knowledge of project management principles and application.
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and resource management.
- A relationship builder who is able to work effectively in matrix organizations.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and Directives.
- Skilled in process improvement, especially as it applies to clinical trials, clinical development and project management.
- Knowledge of medical therapeutic area and medical terminology.
- Strong marketing skills
- Computer skills.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you