Job Overview: Are you interested in clinical pathology? Do you want a role that helps improve people's lives and perople's health?
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting for our Clinical Pathology Services (CPS) team in Huntingdon and are currently seeking to hire a Associate Laboratory Scientist to help support Pre-Clinical, Safety Assessment (SA), and standalone studies over a wide range of platforms, supporting enhanced solutions based approach to Clients requests.
This is a full time permanent position, based at our site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. About the Job
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Technical duties within CPS using a variety of Haematology, Chemistry and Urinalysis analysers to obtain results for Toxicological samples.
- Participating in all procedures in the operational areas of CPS. These include assays, metrology and general Laboratory support duties.
- Provides support and assists the Senior Scientists with the running of major specialist functions and projects within the department which include data checking, validation work, quality control assessments and other new projects.
- Assist the Senior Scientists in key aspects of internal training and development activities for other CPS Scientists.
- Participate in a lab on call rota to cover out of hours work and urgent sample analysis.
To be successful in this position, you will need a Biomedical Science Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
- Good communication skills required.
- Good user knowledge of software applications required.
- To have good verbal, numerical and visual skills and excellent manual dexterity.
- To help foster a high professional standard and encourage good staff relationships.
- To be conscientious, disciplined, flexible and adaptable, having a sense of responsibility and to ensure that work is performed accurately and precisely and in a timely manner
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension.
Covance's ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
Biomedical Science Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
No experience required, however knowledge of the scientific area and techniques is beneficial.
Interest in clinical pathology is advantageous.