In order to strengthen our teams in our current projects, we are looking for a biology cell-based assay specialist for a period of 18 months. In this position, you will work in the team of Analytics and Cell Biology within the department of Product & Industrial Development of our biotech production site in Meyrin. You will be responsible for performing and developing standard and customized cell-based assays to feed preclinical research needs and on OM Pharma products essentially. Your responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Perform standard cell-based readouts on several products (bacterial lysates) using all standard ELISA kits
- Perform MSD analysis on several type of cells including primary human cells
- Perform FACS, immunofluorescence and well-slides labeling based on projects needs
- Develop / optimize cell-based 96/384 well assay for OM products (API, Intermediate and Drug Product)
- Contribute to transfer-in a set of potential potency assays developed externally.
- Analyse and interpret generated data with a scientific mindset
- Write protocol, raw data and reports needed for the traceability of the activities
- Communicate effectively and proactively on a regular basis on the progress of projects
For this position, we are looking for a person with strong laboratory experience, sufficient scientific mindset and structured reasoning with the following profile:
- University degree (MSc, engineer or PhD) in drug Discovery Life Science, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Immunology or equivalent
- Strong experience in in-vitro cell-based assay development in the biotech pharma environment
- Capacity to think out of the box, to show flexibility and to work independently from cell culture up to assay completion, reports and executive summary results.
- Functional cell-based assay experience in signal transduction and knowledge of GMP guidelines (GXP, ICH, Ph, Eur,...) are added values
- Very good knowledge of English(written and spoken)
You describe yourself as a team player, who is able to show flexibility and efficiency in cross-functional teams. You are looking for a new job opportunity in an agile and innovative company, where your initiative spirit and entrepreneurship mindset are seen as added values and encouraged. About Us The Vifor Pharma Group
is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company. It aims to become the global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies. The company is the partner of choice for pharmaceuticals and innovative patient-focused solutions. Vifor Pharma Group strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases lead better, healthier lives. The company develops, manufactures and markets pharmaceutical products for precision patient care. Vifor Pharma Group holds a leading position in all its core business activities and consists of the following companies: Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma (a joint company with Fresenius Medical Care); and OM Pharma.
Vifor Pharma Group is headquartered in Switzerland, and listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX Swiss Exchange, VIFN, ISIN: CH0364749348).
For more information, please visit www.viforpharma.com/career