Biogen ANZ is proud to have a highly engaged workforce where employees bring their best and most authentic selves to work. At Biogen, culture is on the agenda and everyone opts in.
We care deeply about making a difference, and so work courageously to change the lives of patients. We don't shy away from challenges due to fear of failure.
At Biogen, flexibility doesn't just mean working from home. Our culture of trust and accountability means employees can take full advantage of flexible working arrangements, opportunities to engage in paid volunteering leave and to purchase additional leave.
Inclusion and diversity are part of who we are at Biogen ANZ. All employees are encouraged to let their personality shine. At Biogen we do serious work, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.Job Description
The Marketing Lead, Site of Care Experience will be a critical member of the affiliate Alzheimer Disease (AD) marketing team and reports to the Head of Marketing, Alzheimer Disease. This person will be responsible for development and execution of the patient / carer / HCP Site of Care (SOC) experience strategies and initiatives to activate and expand patient engagement by co-ordinating a complex care pathway between the HCP and the patient / carer. This role is instrumental in supporting the first-to-market Alzheimer's disease modifying therapy during pre-launch, launch and post-launch.
This position will be responsible for the development and execution of Site of Care (SOC) services blue-print targeted primarily to the patient / carer and the physicians (primarily neurologists, geriatricians, psychiatrists and GPs), patients/nurse (interface function) and other allied health professionals to support the diagnostic and treatment experience (relevant Radiologists, Anaesthetists and Nuclear Medicine Specialists). The role will execute upon strategies aligned to the launch blueprint for accounts including strategies to support SOC excellence, education, access, infrastructure and operations, and key solutions to coordinate care. S/he will partner with leadership to execute sophisticated / mission-critical SOC marketing tactics to drive focused success by addressing access challenges and complex therapy processes in a new therapeutic landscape.
Pre-launch, there will be a major focus on assessing and building the diagnostic services, including the appropriate model/s to support patient screening/ diagnosis (confirmation of amyloid-beta) including the associated educational services for the patient / carer/ HCP experience. At launch the objective is to create a best-in-class service to support the screening, diagnosis, and treatment experience for all stakeholders. Post launch there will be a major focus on continuous improvement in the services and engagement across all stakeholders, including the capacity to rapidly scale up the services to meet demand.
The Marketing Lead, Site of Care Experience will work in close collaboration with the head of marketing and all relevant local functions (Eg. patient services, medical, sales, CE&O) and with the regional and global Biogen headquarter.
In close collaboration with and under the guidance of the Head of Marketing:
- Assess and develop appropriate Site of Care (SOC) services blue print to enable screening, diagnosis, and treatment (infusion and required MRI monitoring) of appropriate AD patients in alignment with launch strategy
- Engage and establish partnership with relevant external stakeholders (including relevant diagnostic suppliers) to facilitate optimal screening and diagnostic pathway that is efficient in terms of experience and costs
- Develop and launch educational activities towards different HCP target groups to inform diagnostic and treatment pathway in close collaboration with relevant internal / external stakeholders
- Develop aligned launch plan for services; ensuring alignment with local strategy; including measurement of launch effectiveness and agreed KPIs
- Create ‘SOC readiness' checklist in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to enable SOC readiness at launch
- Leverage digital services and innovations to ensure optimal engagement of all stakeholders
- Develop and launch educational activities towards patient / carer target groups to inform diagnostic and treatment pathway in close collaboration with relevant internal / external stakeholders (Eg. P.A.G.s)
- Drive meaningful market research together with CMI to determine and assess optimal services model
Teamwork and Leadership: Building a high performing organisation
- Ensure the early adoption of the SOC services by HCP / Patient / Carer groups
- Prepare SOC services for rapid upscaling to meet demand
- Develop and drive launch event (externally and internally) for SOC services that align with Aducanumab launch event / plan
- Develop disease education and promotional campaign to drive amyloid beta testing in patients with early AD
- Ensure close collaboration with sales, marketing and medial e.g. communicate and effectively work out new strategies and activities to support SOC strategies
- Provide marketing support to the customer facing functions (sales, key account management functions, patient services) to ensure optimal execution of SOC strategies and initiatives
- Represent the interests and needs of the affiliate SOC services at internal meetings as required
- Contribute to senior management's knowledge of SOC status with regular submission of key points to marketing reports
- Ensure meaningful market research is conducted and results are utilised to improve and refine our SOC services strategies and implementation, working alongside the Customer Excellence and Operations (CE&O) team
- Provide input on Brand/ Portfolio Plans, SOC Strategy including Market Development/ Market Expansion/Service Optimisation Opportunities
- Align the affiliate SOC strategies to meet financial, compliance and organisational obligations
- Set meaningful pre-launch and launch KPIs to monitor and drive optimal performance for SOC initiatives
Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across the affiliate and Global teams
- Foster strong collaboration between Sales and Marketing organisation and other departments such as Medical, Patient Services, CE&O, External Affairs, Finance, Legal, Compliance etc.
- Create bespoke development plan for self to ensure readiness to deliver a flawless launch
- Utilise all tools, data and technologies to maximize SOC strategies and initiatives to meet commercial targets
- Represent Biogen and its pharmaceutical products to relevant key health care professionals, at congresses / meetings, hospitals and national patient organizations as needed
- Build and develop strong customer relationships, including a network of AD HCPs, PAG's, Radioligand and CSF Suppliers and works in partnership with them to develop services and treatments
The role will execute upon strategies aligned to the launch blueprint for accounts including strategies to support SOC excellence, education, access, infrastructure and operations, and key solutions to coordinate care. S/he will partner with a broad range of internal stakeholders and will need to operate autonomously and pro-actively to shape, develop and execute sophisticated / mission-critical SOC marketing tactics to drive launch success.
The Marketing Lead, Site of Care Experience will be required to:
- Have strong strategic marketing experience to develop and drive a highly complex SOC service blueprint and execute accordingly
- Be able to assess and be responsive to change to manage unforeseen priorities with a sense of urgency
- Exhibit excellent prioritisation skills
- Exhibit sound judgement and recognise when to escalate challenges up the line
To demonstrate success in this role you will be degree qualified with either a life science orbusiness degree as well as a post graduate business qualification (preferable) and have been working as a marketing professional with 4-6 years of relevant marketing and/or progressive commercial experience.
Other requirements for this position
- 1-2 years of SOC marketing experience in the biotech/healthcare industry is a plus. Oncology, Neurology, Diagnostic and/or Device experience a plus
- Prior experience in developing and evolving SOC services as well as atrack record of success in SOC marketing and launch tactics, including implementation across the matrix
- Strong project and vendor management track record, including resource allocation and fiscal management. Owns relationships with relevant vendors, business partners, and provides input into assessments and RFP decisions.
- Strong scientific/medical aptitude is desirable, as is the ability to communicate complex scientific/medical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- A proven ability to prioritise and manage tactical execution across complex and innovative projects within a fast moving, challenging and energetic commercial environment (Experience managing complex work streams with cross-functional or external Business to Business (B2B) relationships a plus)
- Ability to analyse data and insight to drive key decisions and define/refine crisp strategy
- High affinity to digital technologies and solutions, ideally with patient engagement strategies and initiatives
- Strong personal drive and be a highly collaborative, perceptive, problem solver and exhibit strategic insight and innovative agility
- Excellent communication skills that lead to proactive, clear internal and cross-collaboration communication
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to work across functions and personalities, strong collaboration and teamwork skills including internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead project groups and work in cross-functional teams
- Work well within a fast paced and dynamic environment with an ability to have an impact in a short space of time
- Must exhibit peer leadership skills, ability to perform in fast paced environments and ability to influence without authority
- Self-starter who functions well both independently or within a team
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in understanding more about please register your interest today!
Biogen ANZ embraces an inclusive workplace environment and applicants of all backgrounds and experiences. However, visa sponsorships are unavailable for this position and only applicants who have unlimited working rights in Australia will be considered.
Given Biogen's unique position in neuroscience we have a need to attract a certain profile and calibre of candidates. To achieve this, we have an internal recruitment team that is very well-resourced and as such rarely need to go out to the market externally. On the very rare occasion an external supplier is needed we work closely with a specialist group of preferred providers.No agencies pleaseAdditional Information
What an exciting time to join the team at Biogen ANZ.
If you are an experienced marketing professional with exceptional key stakeholder management skills and want to really make a difference in our patients' lives then register your interest today!