Job Title: Financial Analyst IILocation: Leopardstown, Dubbin 18
At ICON, it's our people that set us apart.
As a global provider of drug development solutions, our work is serious business. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun while you do it. With our vision to be the partner of choice in drug development, we hire only the best and brightest in the industry! Are you one of them?
At ICON, we have an incredible opportunity for a Financial Analyst II
to join the team in our Leopardstown, Dublin 18 location.The Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Commercial Finance team at ICON and work with an assigned portfolio of clients to support their financial reporting and forecasting needs. As the Commercial Business Partner for these sponsors, the individual will provide financial support that is informative, accurate and proactively identifies sponsor and/ or ICON actions such that the study financials are managed successfully.
What you will need:
- Ownership of assigned client accounts including the preparation of financial analysis, forecasting, metrics and dashboards to support the client in their financial planning process
- Proactively identify, facilitate and drive actions across stakeholder groups (both client and internal) such that revenue is maximized
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with a wide number of internal stakeholders including Operations, Finance, Contracts, and Business Development etc.
- Work closely with ICON's Contracts team to proactively identify Out-of-Scope items and support Change Order negotiations
- Assist Business Development with cash flow analysis and other bespoke analysis to support tenders for new business
- Effective utilization of available financial/ operational tools and the leveraging of data to aid better decision making
- Always looking for the next good idea and helping to foster an entrepreneurial culture in the team
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values, which centre on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance
- Relevant experience in a finance setting (possibly client facing and/ or business partnering)
- Bachelor's Degree, or local equivalent, in related field or equivalent experience.
- Qualified/ Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc) or relevant years' experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to inspire confidence
- Ability to interact with and influence a variety of personnel across the organization
- Commercially astute individual with a proven ability to understand and solve customer problems
- Very strong focus on accuracy and quality of information provided; attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and manage projects/ deliverables on time
- A confident, decisive person with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvement initiatives
- Adaptive and flexible individual with experience working in a fast paced services environment
- Ability to switch between micro and macro view
- Ideally a fluent understanding of key aspects of clinical research, including program design, program management, metrics, unit tracker derivation, pricing, and project budget management
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office package, in particular Excel with ability to manipulate and draw meaningful analysis and actions from data