Job Description Job Title:
VP, Patient Support Services Brief Description
The VP, Patient Support Services is responsible for the management and direction of multiple operations. This position is responsible for ensuring that quality, cost, and service targets along with client-specific SLA requirements are met. This includes planning, coordinating and directing all PSS operations within corporate and regulatory guidelines. This position manages a portfolio of projects, drives change management and rollout to core servicer lines. The VP, Patient Support Services is responsible for creating annual strategic plans for site operations and is accountable to set and manage budget to meet corporate financial goals. In addition, this position will frequently provide site production and cost reporting updates to Sr Management. Provides leadership and direction through high level professional staff, managers and/or directors. Is accountable for the performance and results of related disciplines or a moderate sized function, often with company-wide impact. Develops and executes large department or functional business plans and contributes to the development of functional strategies. Determines organizational objectives, and interprets company policies. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long term perspective for desired results. Specific job duties:
• Responsible for managing and driving the execution of a portfolio of projects, delegating responsibility to team members, project support resources and site leaders for driving change management.
• Ensure quality and service standards are maintained along with client-specific contractual requirements. Oversees implementation of new clients. Foster ongoing client relationships by troubleshooting escalated issues.
• Responsible for managing the PSS performance to financial targets, Program service level targets, employee engagement, recruitment, performance reviews, and development of PSS internal growth initiatives
• Drive operational standardization and system efficiencies
• Collaborate with FP&A partners to forecast and maximize program specific financial targets
• Drive a performance based work culture
• Lead with a 'Patients First' mantra while delivering Operational Excellence
• Develop and build leadership talent and capability within the team and direct reports. Provide stretch learning and development assignments to leaders.
• Develop and implement effective and efficient standards, protocols, processes, and reporting for ongoing improvement of operation functions.
• Accountable for compliance with contractual, accreditation and regulatory requirements for all teams.
• Ensures effective inter-departmental collaboration and interaction occurs between staff and other departments.
• Articulates project requirements and anticipated outcomes for all projects/strategies.
• Develops initiatives to achieve budget and benchmarks Supervisory Responsibility:
4+ Direct Reports, 500+ Indirect Reports Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience ( Master's degree preferred )
• 10 - 15 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree with 8 - 12 years relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
• Excellent PC Skills including Microsoft Office suite, Internet and Outlook
• Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, and a proactive and optimistic management style
• Experience driving world-class quality and learning programs
• Ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service
• Ability to engage and retain clients
• Ability to manage toward budget, service and quality goals
• Strong leadership capabilities and ability to initiate and maintain cross team relationships
• Experience working within applicable state, federal and third party regulationsABOUT UBC
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visitingwww.ubc.com