PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform detailed analysis and prepare comprehensive reports to support business operations. Conduct complex modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other general financial and operational analysis. Monitor and coordinate activities to manage operational performance (e.g., contribution margin, EBITDA, etc.). Research and provide statistical financial and operational information. Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operation's business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). Develop, organize and present performance reports for both internal and external use. Develop and conduct short-term and long-range business planning. May develop, implement, evaluate or lead projects or initiatives (e.g., business plan or process improvement initiatives). Provide broad analytical and operational support to the business unit. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and conduct short-term and long-range business planning. Conduct complex modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis (e.g., operational effectiveness, budget, forecast, and employee utilization, etc.).
- Provide statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations.
- Monitor and coordinate activities to manage operational performance (e.g., contribution margin, EBITDA, etc.)
- Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operation's business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform analysis of the operation's cost elements to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Prepare and analyze comprehensive and detailed reports.
- Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
- May develop, implement, evaluate or lead projects or initiatives (e.g., business plan or process improvement initiatives).
- Provide broad analytical and operational support to the business unit.
- Ensure proper accounting treatment is followed and monitor adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review month-end, quarterly and full-year forecast/reports up to and including: executive reporting packages, monthly financial close packages, quarterly management meeting presentations
Qualifications POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
- This is an individual contributor position that works independently with only general direction, relying on knowledge skills and judgment acquired through education and relevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. The position regularly mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Position requires routine interaction with key internal and external stakeholders, executives, directors, managers and staff across the organization.
- May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business and 5 - 8 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9 - 12 years relevant business experience is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., JDE, Hubble, ADP, etc.) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs.
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis and apply accounting concepts, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of complex projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Proficient in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. Ability to analyze organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- MBA or relevant advanced degree.
- Lead development, implementation, and evaluation of projects, programs, and/or business initiatives.
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget for organizational projects and programs.
- Strong financial acumen
- Coordinate and report on process/project/initiative assignments.
- Develop performance indicators and tracking mechanisms to monitor and report results.
- Prepare, review, and analyze reports, controls, and other financial & operational information for specific projects and initiatives.
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visitingwww.ubc.com