Job Overview: Are you looking for a role with variety and progression opportunities? Do you want tobe responsible for performing analytical work within a Quality Control Chemistry team?
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organisations, our mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organizations.
We strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market and as a Study Scientist at Covance you will play an essential part in making this happen at our site at Alconbury, Cambridgeshire. As a Study Scientist with Covance the main responsibilities include:
- Performing experimental work on studies under the guidance of senior personnel.
- Recording and collating data generated, ensuring scientific accuracy, attention to detail, and comprehensive recording of data.
- Ensuring allocated work are and equipment are kept clean and in good order.
- Continuing to gain experience of new procedures and techniques in order to expand the range of personal capabilities.
- Being aware of GLP (good laboratory practice), GCP (good clinical practice) and GMP (good manufacturing practice) regulatory requirements.
- Scientific Degree (B.Sc.) or above, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in drug development process ideally within either a CRO or Pharmaceutical company
- Scientific knowledge & experience of one or more of the disciplines performed within the section/department eg. PCR gel based, qPCR, RTqPCR, Manual DNA/RNA extraction,Automated DNA/RNA extraction, Digital drop PCR, Sequencing and Tissue preparation.
- Understanding of GMP/GLP/GCP regulatory requirements.
- Prior industrial experience.