- Directing daily high complexity laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions;
- Demonstrating technical expertise.
- Contributing to good employee relationships and providing for staff development; performing employee performance appraisals.
- Adhering to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses.
- Managing and sharing daily workload; using time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrating through knowledge of test methodologies and quality control
- Developing, writing, reviewing and implementing procedures and policies.
- Preparing laboratory for inspections and preparing reports as needed.
- Maintaining good communication with leadership, team members and customers;
- Demonstrating an awareness of client expectations and seeking ways to always satisfy.
- Demonstrating proficiency in all laboratory computer related tasks and providing training to employees as necessary.
- Ensuring all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administering all established quality control procedures and troubleshooting instruments effectively when appropriate.
- Assisting in the review, interpretation and reporting of complex and routine test results.
- Assists in the development of new protocols in clinical research programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline and a
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical molecular experience.
- Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing.
- Experience with high throughput sample testing esp with RNA Extraction
- Experience in UK lab rules and regulations e.g. ISO15189
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend work may be required.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
1 year contract
ABOUT PLANET PHARMA
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Planet Pharma is an Employment Agency providing Global Staffing services.
- If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please telephone on +44 (0)203 868 8607 or e-mail on email@example.com
- If this role isn’t suitable for you, please let us know if you can refer anyone – any recommendations are much appreciated! Planet Pharma offers a competitive referral scheme so you will be rewarded for your help!