Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
Junior Consultant (JC) will be responsible for doing three types of projects/studies: retrospective database studies, targeted & systematic literature reviews including subsequent analyses such as NMA or endpoint validation, and strategic projects with our clients from the pharmaceutical industry. The role is associated with a day-to-day project management and, under the guidance of a senior colleague, an own responsibility to lead client communication.
Skill & Competencies
- Ability to analyze complex issues and evidence, identify cause-effect relationships, and generate effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and document information effectively in written/spoken English, including the ability to produce documents, reports, protocols, E-mails (using MS-Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) etc. which are appropriately adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Design and perform statistical analyses (using e.g. Stata, SPSS, R) and has a good understanding of data management tasks for e.g. patient selection, variable creation, analytical dataset creation.
- Developing project deliverables to (near) completion (documents, reports, protocols, tables, literature reviews, etc.) pending the final decision by our senior staff.
- Strong organizational, time-management, prioritization and decision-making skills necessary to evaluate, plan and accomplish multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
- Proactive and positive approach to tasks and projects, as well as resilience when encountering process, project, budget or client changes that are inherent to the consulting environment.
- Bachelor degree in Health Economics, Biostatistics, Demographics, or Business Administration, or similar required. Master's degree preferred
- 0-3 years work experience in consulting environment
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative methods (in health economics), health service research, epidemiology or statistics with focus on data analysis using observational data.
- Knowledge on the general health organization in Germany / Europe is appreciated.
- Knowledge of scientific research methods and practical research implementation.
- Experience in MS Excel, and statistics programs (e.g. Stata, SPSS, R)
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.