Please note that we will move to our brand new offices in Waltham, located in 152 Grove St, Waltham, MA 02453 around January 2021 Job Purpose:
- To proactively monitor and prioritize workflow in all areas of the department, determine priorities and actively organize resource accordingly to support production.
- Provide summaries of workflow to team members and department managers, identifying and resolving problem areas and suggesting procedural improvements.
- Serve as main point-of-contact for team members (and non-Logistics staff) in Kit Manager's absence.
- Receive stock and process orders to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled accurately, efficiently and punctually.
- Liaise with representatives in other departments to identify and resolve problems or suggest procedural improvements.
Summary of Essential Responsibilities:
Assessment and Organization of Workflow:
- Lead daily AM stand-up meetings*, organize the AM assignments for staff on Trello, identify priorities and confirm appropriate amount of resource to all functional areas of the department.*
- Serve as a deputy for the Evening Team Lead by leading 2:00pm stand-up meetings in their absence or equivalent during covid-19.
- Actively monitor workflow throughout the day in all functional areas and balance resources as needed; recommend and implement actions based on findings and communicate successes and concerns to management.
- Oversee the prioritizing of inbound products.
- Contact suppliers and summarize instructions to staff regarding discrepancies with received product.
- Work with our Supply Chain team to maximize productivity, and level out the daily workload by targeting suppliers and assessing processing capacity.
- Collect and monitor productivity metrics for kit processing, analyzing daily work totals to make informed business decisions.
- Collaborate with the Kit Quality Specialist on analyzing data for the QC Kit Audit and the monthly Complaint Rate Report
- Support with troubleshooting problems to minimize customer impact and escalate any issues.
- Manage and resolve PO notes with Supply Chain, Logistics staff, and suppliers
- Assist with phone screening potential candidates
- Conduct first round interviews with Managers
- Serve as a mentor to new hires
- Display creativity and resourcefulness in outlining new processes and improving efficiency/accuracy of current processes
- Must be proactive and decisive
- Adheres to all Abcam safety standards and requirements and corrects/coaches any observed violations
- Other duties as required
- 1 year of experience in Logistics
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proficient with MS Office, esp. Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Display solid organizational skills
- Effective communicator interdepartmentally and cross-functionally
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.