Lead UBC program teams to deliver program milestones in a call center patient services/pharma operations environment.Specific Job Duties:
• Provide overall support for program operations as directed by UBC Management
• Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the program and ensure proper flow of work throughout the life of the program
• Working knowledge of protocol(s), contract requirements, program workflow and/or Scope of Work for assigned project(s)
• Anticipate and resolve program operational needs in a timely manner
• Aid management decisions on program development and design and/or restructure of program requirements
• Regularly prepare all client and internal reports as required by the Project Manager, Directors and/or sponsor
• Develop and closely monitor program specific metrics
• If applicable, develop and maintain program master file
• Ensure program specific procedures are prepared and implement as necessary
• Proactive review of current procedures for process improvement
• Develop and implement, with the Project Manager and/or Directors , a training plan for all program staff
• Ensure training materials are accurate and continually evaluate the need for group training sessions or additional training materials for the program
• Maintain program team performance by ensuring compliance with company and project goals
• Manage the dual role of supervising staff and supporting the maintenance of respective program applications
• Maintain program team performance by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results while ensuring a high level of team performance
• Resolve staff-related, potential disciplinary problems and escalate unresolved issues to appropriate management staff in a timely manner
• Resolve program related performance problems by consulting with functional managers, Project Manager and/or Directors
• Support program team meetings, as needed
• Other duties as assigned by the functional managers, Project Manager, Directors, and/or project/UBC SOPs.
• Attend internal project team meetings and sponsor-related meetings as needed.
• Troubleshoot or resolve program-related issues to appropriate management staff in a timely manner Supervisory Responsibilities:
Supervision of program team Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 years of related healthcare or pharmaceutical experience
• 1 year previous managerial experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of customer service processes preferred
• Working knowledge of ICH-Good Clinical Practices (GCP) preferredABOUT UBC
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visitingwww.ubc.com