We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Medical Communications is truly an exceptional area at PPD. We work to improve patient health by supplying top-quality medical information services to our clients, patients and health care providers. We engage with health care professionals, regulatory agencies and pharmaceutical clients to help them navigate regulatory and compliance requirements around the world.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award-winning training programs speak for themselves. In Medical Communications, you'd be provided with 4-8 weeks of training and support! Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence- apply now!
Currently we are looking for motivated candidate with life science degree (medicine, nursing, biology, clinical psychology, pharmacy, kinesitherapy, or any equivalent) and proficiency in German to join our team in Sofia!
The Medical Information Specialist provides technical and medical information, and/or performs intake of adverse events/ product complaints with quality customer service. Also analyzes and researches inquiries and documents interactions according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines. The information provided will be given to a level in parallel with the individual's expertise, experience and training.
Being part of the team, you will:
· Respond accurately and professionally to technical and medical information inquiries received via phone, email, internet or mail in reference to pharmaceutical or device products.
· Process fulfillments and provide clinical trial information or after-hours on call support.
· Analyze caller's questions to formulate an accurate and concise response using client-approved resources and records inquiries and interactions in the appropriate databases following organizational, client and regulatory guidelines.
· Identify, record and triage adverse events and product complaints according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines and provide additional support (including follow up) as needed.
· Maintain thorough knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures including client products, SOP's, protocols, GCP's, and applicable regulatory requirements
· Working closely with internal and external client contacts (up to and including members of client management) to resolve complex inquiries.
· As needed, you will research medical literature and drafts responses for such inquiries.
Does this sound like you? If so, you need to have:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
· Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years).
The role also requires:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Organizational and time management skills
· Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing); Fluency in German is required
· Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
· Good interpersonal skills; Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Ability to interpret client provided complex medical and technical information
· Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture , where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organization but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.