We are looking to hire for our Central laboratory in Geneva a Staff Scientist to support our team in place.
Your main responsabilities are:
- Participates in scientific activities and initiatives in support ofAnatomic pathology Laboratory Operations
- Develop algorithms for new Artifical Intelligence service and Image analysis in Immuno Histochemistry (IHC), multiplexing IHC and in situ fluoresence.
- Performs complex trouble-shooting and problem-solving, supporting Lab Operations to ensure smooth transition of assays into production
- Participates in developing/identifying new strategies, techniques and instrumentation for the development of new ventures in the scientific area of expertise for CLS global Laboratory Operations
- Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts, techniques and regulatory requirements in clinical studies and accepts leadership role in developing scientific approaches.
- Provides consultation to scientific and operational staff on technical issues.
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, crises, etc. without neglecting other duties.
- Assists with regular monitoring and evaluation of clinical assays to ensure effective scientific performance.
- May provide technical training for operational staff.
- Ph.D. in science, with Image analysis expertise (IHC, FISH, Multiplex) and development of AI algorithms
- Previous experience (profesionnal or academic) required in Image analysis (Human tissue slides) and development of alogrithm to identify tumor cells, interpret IHC or FISH or multiplexing assays
- Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports.
- Proven track record of method development.
- Experience performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory automation, system software, Microsoft applications and laboratory statistics.
- Effective communication skills with technical staff, business development staff, peers and clients.
- Attention to detail and interpretation of scientific data.
- Demonstrated problem prevention, detection and resolution.