Job Overview: Are you a recent scientific graduate? Are you looking for a role with training and career progression opportunities? Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?
At Covance in York we are looking to recruit a QC analyst to join our expanding team. Job responsibilities include:
- Performing analytical testing on large protein molecules (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, ADCC, biosimilars etc).
- Working with Quality Control Scientists to perform a wide range of analytical techniques in accordance with GMP regulatory requirements to deliver client projects.
- Working as part of a larger team to ensure that our clients' molecules pass quality control testing in the timeframe allocated.
- Using the following analytical techniques: HPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis, Isoelectric Focusing, Mass Spectrometry, BioAssays, ELISA, Cell Based Assays & Pharmacopoeial Methods to deliver client projects.
- Data processing and working on process improvement projects for the division.
Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Covance helped develop. What Covance can offer you:
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage and contributory
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects.
- Flexible working and career development opportunities.
- Opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding site.
* Scientific degree (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Sciences etc.) * OR
relevant scientific industry experience.
*Knowledge of any of the following techniques: HPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis, Isoelectric Focusing, Mass Spectrometry, BioAssays - ELISA & Cell Based Assays & Pharmacopoeial Methods.
*Ability to multitask and prioritise workload, with excellent attention to detail.
*Exceptional communication skills.
*Ability to integrate well within an established and fast growing team. *
Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office packages and Microsoft Project).