Sr Director or Dir Scientific Due Diligence (Abs, AAVs, RNAs, Neuro, Neuro-Pharmacology)
This role is for a highly networked Director or Senior Director with a proven experience of Drug Discovery & Research and Partnering in the field of Neurology and that primarily will scout with external institutions include external assets / programs and align these with the company strategic vision for development and overall portfolio direction including incorporation of new IP acquisition and strategic / Research alliances for existing and new modalities, so gene and cell therapies including AAVs.
Relocation: My client will hire you locally during Covid if necessary and offers post-Covid full relocation and digital hiring process in between.
About My Client
My client is a successful, expanding Biotech organization with a proven portfolio of small and large molecules and are currently preparing NDA/BLA/MAA for the next generation of products. This role will be part of the core team which brings new assets into translational medicines by identifying, screening, and reviewing BD&L as the Scientific Lead:-
- The organization has stated their objective to rapidly discover, develop and commercialize new drugs including those for new modalities in rare diseases, neurology, immunology and hematology, including RNAs and Viral Vectors.
- Also my client is HQ’d in Europe meaning you will have better visibility and find it easier to engage and collaborate with your peers and the senior stakeholders (no late night calls to the USA).
- The senior leadership team has given the green light and backing to make a significant investment into new modalities, especially rAAVs which means that in 2021 will see their first Ph. I studies in this area.
- Why I find this role highly exciting is you will be part of the core team which pioneers the Viral Vector platform de novo! Also you will be working with an expert team, some developed within the company, some joined recently, all are highly educated and experienced mostly to Ph.D. level and have a great deal of Biotech expertise to share and learn with each other from.
- You will be able to build a long-term career in this Biotech organization, the core leadership team have examples of both steady job promotion and skills progression.
- In the meantime, working from your current location is allowed and my client has committed to do the hiring interviews and the On-Boarding process remotely to minimize risks.
- Note this role is supported by legal and financial experts, you will provide the networking and scientific input to bring Discovery and Research opportunities into perspective, and will support handover in some cases to translation meds. It is not a role for an investment or financial BD&L analyst!
You Skills & The Role:
This team impacts directly on the pipeline development interacting with the R&D platform internally and externally, with Biotech and Academia, scouting for novel programs following the company interests in order to increase and progress the internal pipeline by delivering new assets.
The successful candidate will screen the Research and Discovery space for Neurology, contributing to bringing in new opportunities for areas such as Neuro-degeneration and Neuro-inflammation, taking the necessary steps to develop these alliances and partnerships which will yield assets for scientific review and potential clinical development.
As an experienced Neuro Discovery Lead, or, maybe you have already moved into Industry in a similar role, it is likely you will have a PhD and a background as a Neuro-Pharmacologist or Neurologist Discovery and / or Research leader, with a solid network built over time with connections in Industry and in Academia.
You will search, evaluate and assess results of in-vivo or in-vitro experiments and provide recommendation for innovative assets based on scientific review, as well as provide support and conducting some parts of the negotiations, always establishing a basis for go / no go on Research programs and handling early stages of collaborations with your partnered institutions and internal stakeholders.
Package & Benefits
This role can be an upper Director or Senior Director and the salaries match the grade. The role comes with a high end stock plan and bonus scheme. The company will wait or hire you locally if Covid reoccurs.
The role is based in Brussels and my client will provide a temporary high quality apartment with disturbance allowances included, a very competitive base salary, car with petrol card for European coverage, 48 days off a year, tax ruling if applicable (for non-Belgium citizens) and private schooling if your children do not speak French or Dutch.
To learn more and apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Javier Monfort or Matt Greig on +44 (0)207 801 3385 or +44 (0)207 801 3386 for an initial discussion about the role and other projects.
About Advanced Search & Our Network
Advanced Search, has a network of affiliated companies including ADV Regulatory, and ADV Talent Partners. Together, we are specialists in Regulatory Affairs and Life Sciences recruitment especially around mAbs and biologicals for roles in R&D and Commercialization and have been established and hiring in this area since 2005.
Our team know our subject matter areas and our mission is to help you grow your career each and every step of the way. We have helped many of today's leading companies develop strong regulatory sciences functions and are known for hiring complimentary teams that work well with each other, at owner-contributor, strategy leading and people management levels.
We provide a high level of service because we believe this matters.
Contact us today to see how we can help you, make that next career move on
+44 (0)20 7801 3380
All applications are kept in confidence and we invite applications from all members of the Academic, Research & Development based bio-/pharmaceutical community.