Senior Scientist Gene Therapy (Molecular Assay & Analytical Development) for the recombinant Adeno Associate Virus Platform
This role is for a Scientist or Senior Scientist with a track record in assay development for Adeno Viral Vectors or Lentis in a GMP environment and a track record in developing robust QC methods and assays for identification / characterization / quality control.
Relocation: My client will hire you locally and offers post Covid a full relocation and digital hiring process. If Covid runs over, the company will move you at a safe moment to do so.
About My Client
My client is a successful, expanding Biotech organization with a proven portfolio of small and large molecules and are currently preparing NDA/BLA/MAA for the next generation of products.
My client role will appeal to you because:
- The organization has stated their objective is to continue to discover, rapidly develop and commercialize new drugs for new modalities in rare diseases, neurology, immunology and hematology, including RNAs and Viral Vectors
- Also my client is HQ’d in Europe meaning you will have better visibility and find it easier to engage and collaborate with your peers and the senior stakeholders
- The senior leadership team has given the green light and backing with a significant investment into new modalities, especially rAAVs which means that in 2021 will see their first Ph. I studies in this area
- Why I find this role highly exciting is you will be part of the core team which pioneers the Viral Vector platform de novo! You will be part of the team which develops the platform concept!
- Also you will be working with an expert team, some developed within the company, some joined recently, all are highly educated and experienced mostly to Ph.D. level and have a great deal of Biotech expertise to share and learn with each other from
- You will be able to build a long-term career in this Biotech organization, the core leadership team have examples of both steady job promotion and skills progression.
About the Role
You will be part of a small team which includes 2 other experts on physico-chemico, bio-assays and this role, is to focus on molecular biology.
- Hiring and training the team (you will definitely coach and train Scientists & Jnr Scientists), the role may evolve rapidly into a team management one, either matrix or direct
- Getting the existing lab ready for use with VVs and your techniques, assays, and equipment!
- Development of the Clinical , Characterization of reliable analytical methods and build the analytical package for identification and QC incl. droplet digital PCR, Electrophoresis, WB, ELISA, NGS, SDS-Page, MS, Pico and flow-cytometry
- Implement to the concept and design of the building of a lab and GMP suit
- CDMO transfers and co-management of assays and procedure transfers (in process control)
- Be an expert of the AAV analytical package, including preparation for CMC modules
- With scientists and on own develop methods for QC & characterization including support for validation.
Package & Benefits:
This role is based in Brussels, Belgium and includes relocation, with disturbance allowances, temporary apartment, 48 days off a year, as well as a tax reduction package (for non-Belgium Nationals), but most of all, you will be part of the core scientific team which will pioneer the Viral Vector platform de novo through clinical and commercial manufacturing!
To learn more and apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Javier Monfort or Matt Greig on +44 (0)207 801 3385 or +44 (0)207 801 3386 for an initial discussion about the role and other projects.
About Advanced Search & Our Network
Advanced Search, has a network of affiliated companies including ADV Regulatory, and ADV Talent Partners. Together, we are specialists in Regulatory Affairs and Life Sciences recruitment especially around mAbs and biologicals for roles in R&D and Commercialization and have been established and hiring in this area since 2005.
Our team know our subject matter areas and our mission is to help you grow your career each and every step of the way. We have helped many of today's leading companies develop strong regulatory sciences functions and are known for hiring complimentary teams that work well with each other, at owner-contributor, strategy leading and people management levels.
We provide a high level of service because we believe this matters.
Contact us today to see how we can help you, make that next career move on
+44 (0)20 7801 3380
All applications are kept in confidence and we invite applications from all members of the Academic, Research & Development based bio-/pharmaceutical community.